Milan Statement

I can only tell you what I was told. The source is somebody who would know, not one of these, "one of the staff in the club shop told me" sources. I'd take a small wager from anybody who doesn't think it's off.

I believe you Wolfie and if I were to guess your source I bet he's got US soap type initials

Personally I hope the takeover by HM is dead and buried.  Can't see how any good could come out of it.  Even if HM succeeded and injected funds into the club, it wouldn't guarantee success (look at all the other clubs who consistently spu*k millions each year with the hope of reaching the promised land, but never do).

With respect to MM, I quite like the bloke and his cosy PR video clips.  I appreciate he never really says anything new, but I'd far rather have an owner who appears to care and who is prepared to communicate with the fans.  Also to be fair to MM he's fronted up for interviews during the tough times so I  won't begrudge him enjoying the glow of a great start to the season.

Lastly to all those who constantly seem to want to bash MM for not putting his hand in his pocket, I don't see what the complaint is.  According to the annual accounts, we've made a loss each year that MM has been the owner.  Just shows what a shocking investment football is because we are a well supported club, but on paper we're not even covering the costs of our current squad (which according to many is one of the cheapest wage bills in the league).  Without MM I shudder to think what state the club would be in, so I'm more than prepared to cut him a bit of slack.

Edited by East Yorks Owl

He's a lucky man - if we had started badly things would be very different - just don't get why he doesn't pounce on this good start and try and go for it himself - he would get millions all to himself.

He would have to buy players if we were bottom of league now so why not when we are near the top

Personally I hope the takeover by HM is dead and buried. Can't see how any good could come out of it. Even if HM succeeded and injected funds into the club, it wouldn't guarantee success (look at all the other clubs who consistently spu*k millions each year with the hope of reaching the promised land, but never do).

With respect to MM, I quite like the bloke and his cosy PR video clips. I appreciate he never really says anything new, but I'd far rather have an owner who appears to care and who is prepared to communicate with the fans. Also to be fair to MM he's fronted up for interviews during the tough times so I won't begrudge him enjoying the glow of a great start to the season.

Lastly to all those who constantly seem to want to bash MM for not putting his hand in his pocket, I don't see what the complaint is. According to the annual accounts, we've made a loss each year that MM has been the owner. Just shows what a shocking investment football is because we are a well supported club, but on paper we're not even covering the costs of our current squad (which according to many is one of the cheapest wage bills in the league). Without MM I shudder to think what state the club would be in, so I'm more than prepared to cut him a bit of slack.

Yes but with a lot of team spirit and not too much money you can do it like Burnley did - then he would get his cash back and I nice profit

Guest Big Guns

He's a lucky man - if we had started badly things would be very different - just don't get why he doesn't pounce on this good start and try and go for it himself - he would get millions all to himself.

He would have to buy players if we were bottom of league now so why not when we are near the top

Totally agree with this an all

Totally agree with this an all

What more does the manager have to do -saved us from relegation - now top six unbeaten - MM doesn't back him properly and worst if all doesn't even give him the proper managers job - teams will be sniffing soon - I expect Leeds to try and lure him away

Was told before the Derby game, from an absolutely unimpeachable source (who I am not prepared to name, because it would cost them their job), that the takeover is off.

To be honest if it is off that wont bother me in the slightest, because from what I've read, I don't want Mammadov anywhere near my club. For all he spouts about leaving the club in safe hands, I actually don't think that Mandaric is bothered who he sells to, as long as he gets a profit on his investment. He's a hard headed businessman, and is only interested in profit.

Says it all and I agree.

Guest conisbrough

What more does the manager have to do -saved us from relegation - now top six unbeaten - MM doesn't back him properly and worst if all doesn't even give him the proper managers job - teams will be sniffing soon - I expect Leeds to try and lure him away

He has a proper managers job and is doing a propers mnagers job. He has a different title thats all. Accept he does not have the resources other managers have but it has not stopped him performing above average.

L**ds lure him away?  :laugh:  :laugh:

Guest conisbrough

Was told before the Derby game, from an absolutely unimpeachable source (who I am not prepared to name, because it would cost them their job), that the takeover is off.

To be honest if it is off that wont bother me in the slightest, because from what I've read, I don't want Mammadov anywhere near my club. For all he spouts about leaving the club in safe hands, I actually don't think that Mandaric is bothered who he sells to, as long as he gets a profit on his investment. He's a hard headed businessman, and is only interested in profit.

Milans statement today is polite way of saying not going to happen. Agree Milan wants a profit and that is what attracted him to HM. His reliance on geting a profit will ensure we do not get the likes of bottom feeders and Cellinho,so some sifting will take place.

Yes but with a lot of team spirit and not too much money you can do it like Burnley did - then he would get his cash back and I nice profit

Not sure I really like the way Burnley are doing it, in the sense of where's the money from their last visit to the Premier league? Basically they've gone up twice and budgeted to go straight back down, no way they're staying up this season yet the £100m or whatever ludicrous amount being in the Premier league gets you these days must be going to someone at the club?

Edited by Grimbarian

Not sure I really like the way Burnley are doing it, in the sense of where's the money from their last visit to the Premier league? Basically they've gone up twice and budgeted to go straight back down, no way they're staying up this season yet the £100m or whatever ludicrous amount being in the Premier league gets you these days must be going to someone at the club?

Agree with that.  They seem reluctant to invest to stay in the premiership.  Take Hull for example, they are investing quite heavily to stay in the premiership.

If they hadn't spent approx 20 million on Long and Jelavic, they would have probably been relegated. 

Guest Big Guns

Been actually saying going up on the cheap and not preparing at all for premier life is not the right way to do it but got shot down fir saying it by the usual suspects

Been actually saying going up on the cheap and not preparing at all for premier life is not the right way to do it but got shot down fir saying it by the usual suspects

was thinking, if we did actually get promoted, would MM change the asking price, pull out of the deal, or chuck a load of money at it.

Hope you can forgive me.

I'm meeting with Cellino on Monday to discuss the Leeds job.

I've told him about my success on Football Manager

2 things wrong with that. 1/ you are probably over qualified. 2/ It is normally spelled L**ds on Owlstalk, as you very well know.