Which Wednesday player proved you most wrong?

Where have you been snooty old chap.

Try to the avoid the forum during the close season , all takeover rumours and nonsensical transfer guff!!

Back now ready for pre-season training.  Trying to build myself up ready meltdown when we lose the first game!

Guest Steve French

Try to the avoid the forum during the close season , all takeover rumours and nonsensical transfer guff!!

Back now ready for pre-season training. Trying to build myself up ready meltdown when we lose the first game!

lol

Guest DannyBonserSWFC

For me - Chris Maguire...

I was never a fan of him early on, and when he was shipped out to Coventry last season I was hopeful that we'd seen the end of him. However, he finished the season magnificently, and I for one am glad that I was wrong THIS ONCE

Enjoy your holiday, get off the internet and booze ffs

Used to watch the reserves quite a bit. I tipped Jon Shaw to be our best striker for years and said Mark Beevers was the next Bobby Moore. I also thought Proudlock (can't even remember if that was his name) would be brilliant.

I hope you've retired from being our chief scout

Back now ready for pre-season training.  Trying to build myself up ready meltdown when we lose the first game!

Don't blame you mate I read the forum most days but try not to comment.

However, I sometimes can't help myself gary megson

on the plus side it would be lee chapman for me .i thought he was a right donkey but how wrong was i .......other side of coin would be steve downes scored a lot of goals for rovrum and a beauty for us on his debut and we all thought we signed the bee´s knee´s .he turned out to fecking shocking .

I thought Giles de Bilde would fire us into europe

Used to think Regi Blinker would be as good as Edgar Davids

And Pablo bonvin would be our maradona..

Di piedi would be our new carbone..

Owen morrsion our Ryan giggs

From slightly before this era you could add Patrick Blondeiu.

Big things were expected from a regular French international, maybe the next Roland Nilsson, he was hopeless and looked frightened to put a tackle in.

Edited by bradowl

The first few games I saw Orlando Trustful play for us I thought he would be a huge success. Somehow the paragon of wisdom that was Mr Pleat didn't see it the same way and hardly ever played him, he loved his players like Michael Collins too much.

Mind you he wasn't the only one, he wouldn't play Dejan Stefanovic either, so his work permit was rescinded because he hadn't played enough games and then went on to have a fantastic career at other clubs. 

Guest s11 owl

far too much hope has been placed upon too many players with too little ability - winston churchcill

still rings true today

Edited by s11 owl

Orland Trustfull and Regi Blinker smoked Benson & Hedges. I looked inside their Jeep after a match once. They saw me and signed an autograph then drove off. I caught the bus home and thought about footballers smoking.

Wim Jonk, Patrick Blondeau, Andy Hinchcliffe, Franny Jeffers, Bothroyd; Thought they'd be good, they weren't.

Kiaren Lee; Thought he'd be gash tbh

Yep had real doubts about Keiran Lee and even in midfield it took a few games to establish himself but when he did, excellent player