Which Wednesday player proved you most wrong?

on a positive: Chris Waddle- wasn't at all convinced that he would have the legs left when we bought him at 31 was it?. how wrong I was...

on a negative: loads of players but either simon donnelly for his reputation or the Leon Knight /Lloyd Owusu partnership that had me dreaming they could score 40 between them in a season.....

Semedo

Had completely written him off at championship level and wanted rid of him,  admittedly he's never going to set this division alight but he's proven he's more than up to the task

Soz Jose

The first few games I saw Orlando Trustful play for us I thought he would be a huge success. Somehow the paragon of wisdom that was Mr Pleat didn't see it the same way and hardly ever played him, he loved his players like Michael Collins too much.

Mind you he wasn't the only one, he wouldn't play Dejan Stefanovic either, so his work permit was rescinded because he hadn't played enough games and then went on to have a fantastic career at other clubs. 

i thought trustful was a great player and could never understand why pleat wouldnt play him ........as for stefanovic i think your wrong ,it was wilson who wouldnt play him he played 8 games in his last season under wilson .

Mick Lyons,

I was totally underwhelmed when we signed him at the age of 31/32, I thought that his best years were definitely behind him, how wrong could I have been. for me he was the best all-round centre-half that I have seen at Hillsborough. He wore his heart on his sleeve gave absolutely everything for the club, he was so dominant in the air, this in itself was no mean feat for such a small centre half (I think he was only around 5' 11"). He also scored 12 goals for us and I believe he captained us to promotion to Div 1 in 1983/84. 

Ironically the toughest game I ever witnessed him have was against one of the smallest wingers/strikers around at that time namely Kevin Keegan at St James Park (that could possibly have been the promotion season).

Guest Steve French

Orland Trustfull and Regi Blinker smoked Benson & Hedges. I looked inside their Jeep after a match once. They saw me and signed an autograph then we did a bit of dogging. I caught the bus home and thought about footballers wee wee tails.