Madine Out - Confirmed

Guest _Ibbo_

They didn't though did they - what they showed was:

1,054 minutes of football played - 3 goals scored. And as i said in my comment, this was taken from the first half of the season where he scored his 3 goals. I was being kind. I could have made it a whole lot worse and used different stats to substantiate my point further. But i didnt, i used the best stats available for Gary Madine, and what do you know, they're still as poor as poor can get. 

And please elaborate on your 'do-gooder' comment.... you've confused me as i only deal with intelligent debates....??? 

You are right when you look at it like that its a very poor goal scoring record and I think if we are relying on Madine to propel us up the table then we are in trouble. But as others have said it seems that there is a different atmosphere surrounding the team currently and we seem to create a lot more chances. Its hard to say but I think he is capable of scoring goals at this level and is a better player than nuhui.

Absolutely, hopefully he can.If lessons have been learnt, fair play. Like i said previously, i really hope i'm proven wrong

What are your thoughts on the stats I provided out of interest....? Good enough....? Cause to believe there is room for improvement....?

There is room for improvement obviously. My gut instinct, so this is hardly scientific, is that he has the ability. He now needs to knuckle (don't !!) down, listen (to the right people), learn and apply himself. I have feeling that he'll have bulked up a bit in prison which might help when he regains football fitness. I suspect he's not quite as self confident as he might like to project.

In short yes; room for improvement but also that he is capable of it.

Also, people that are not happy about him possibly returning to the club (like me) are being accused of being do-gooders.

How does that work, surely it is the folk who can just accept a thug returning to the club, who has been involved in at least counts of alcohol induced violence - that are the do-gooders? Bleeding heart Liberal's at best.

I don't like to think of a portion of my Season Ticket money being wasted on a good for nothing, undeserving thug.

Also, people that are not happy about him possibly returning to the club (like me) are being accused of being do-gooders.

How does that work, surely it is the folk who can just accept a thug returning to the club, who has been involved in at least counts of alcohol induced violence - that are the do-gooders? Bleeding heart Liberal's at best.

I don't like to think of a portion of my Season Ticket money being wasted on a good for nothing, undeserving thug.

Well said Sir

I have no strong views whether he stays or goes but he´s a lucky boy if he does stay because I know of no other industry/career where you get sent to prison for decking one of your employers customers and get set back on when your released.

Happy enough for him to come back. He's served his time, and he's shown he can be a goalscorer. He didn't look great at this level, but that said, a lot of his time came either as sub, or as a starter in a struggling side, and he's not the type of forward who will create something out of nothing with no service.

However, anything like the MASSIVE fawning over him from some is the last thing he needs. This isn't the first time, he's in the last chance saloon, and he needs to realise it.

Edit: Heh, didn't realise MASSIVE was auto changed these days.

Edited by Owlsfan

To be fair, no one was going to bang goals in from that turgid football.

Now we are creating far more chances and wasting them. I think a fit Madine would do alright just now.

Spot on. If Madine had had that chance Nuhiu did against Wigan 9 times out of 10 it would have been in the back of the net. We're badly missing a decent finisher and that's what Madine brings to the table.

This isn't a guy who got unlucky on a random night out, being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He was charged with ABH back in November 2010, for an assault in Carlisle. He got away with Community Service on that occasion.

Then in October 2013 he was charged and convicted with ABH and GBH for two completely separate incidents. He was jailed for 18 months, he has served 5 months.

For all the people that say he has been wrongly advised etc, has this 'advisor' followed him around the country and told him to assault people over a 3 year period?

He had a very privileged position, and he blew it. He is not fit to wear the Blue and White shirt,  he is not fit to collect part of my hard earned money - I don't ever wish to see him at Hillsborough again.

He got into a drunken brawl, hit someone, got sent down, did his time and now deserves a second chance like most members of society who make a mistake.

Absolutely pathetic the attitude of some people on this thread, I wonder how you manage to get on in life.

I dont commit crimes, i get on just fine

Just part of the Owlstalk stereotyping. You know; cultists, do gooders, apologists, happy clappers etc. Do you want bleeding heart Liberals adding to the list?

He got into a drunken brawl, hit someone, got sent down, did his time and now deserves a second chance like most members of society who make a mistake.

Absolutely pathetic the attitude of some people on this thread, I wonder how you manage to get on in life.

On three separate occasions, over 3 years whilst playing for two different clubs. Don't forget that bit.

Here here well said! some numpty owls fan replied to my tweet and said "so your Mr Perfect then?" I replied compare to Madine I am as I havent even got a fine from police. Some people really are stupid!.

On three separate occasions, over 3 years whilst playing for two different clubs. Don't forget that bit.

Someone chucked a drink at him... So he hit him

The second one then denied it was Madine who hit him when it came to court

And the third one I'm not sure about

Edited by EcclesallOwl

Guest JonTheOwl66

Rubbish.

Yep, massive drama queens.

I have made it clear that I favour him being kept on. Let's be right though; it wasn't one drunken brawl. He is a three times repeat offender. The recent ones weren't brawls; they were assaults hence him being convicted of ABH and GBH. He's been punished though so by all mean let's move on.

Someone chucked a drink at him... So he hit him

The second one then denied it was Madine who hit him when it came to court

And the third one I'm not sure about cause I didn't know him then

Wrong place wrong time, on 3 separate occasions?

In October 2013 he was charged, and convicted with ABH and GBH for 2 completely separate attacks, that suggests he didn't get away with second offence, and because you didn't know him on the other occasion - it somehow makes it alright?