Imminent Signing - Biggus

BIG D

Long time reader of this forum, 2nd time posting so be gentle.....

I really can't get my head around needing another keeper, especally Butland.....something has got to be going on with Kirland for this to surface. Stoke will not let him leave to sit on a bench, they will want game time. I'm currently deployed in the Middle East so apart from the Leeds game on Sky, I have not seen them play this year, but every report has Kirkland playing out of his skin. Kirkland is playing really well without competition for his place, why upset the apple cart?

As just about every post on this site says, we need a striker....we really need a striker, but apart from Sharp, who I don't think will ever sign for us, we have not really been linked with any.

The current transfer poilcy at the club really is starting to baffle me.

Edited by Hawkinsfootballboots

We're skint, we can't afford to buy our own half decent players.

Therefore we have to borrow some decent ones, paying hardly any wages for them and hope we stay up. It's just a waiting game for us now, waiting for a takeover.

That's not right though, is it.  We're investing in developing young players in a way we haven't done for many years.  So the long term goal is to focus on that whilst gradually turning over the first team squad whilst we consolidate and move up the league.  That's not a waiting game for a takeover, it's a long term strategy.  And anything above 18th this season is progress for us and evidence that the strategy is working.

Whether that's quick enough for the majority of fans is a different question....

Guest Old Salt

Always makes sense to get rid of your best player at this stage of the season.

When I think about our transfer policy over the last 18 month, this man springs to mind.....

Brick-Anchorman1.jpg

Hahahaha.

Would have thought any signings should have been sorted and ready for announcements today. Let them settle in for Saturday. But no it's not the Wednesday way

Maybe deals have been sorted but they leave it later in the week so that the clock doesn't start ticking on the loan period until it really has to. Only 90 odd days max isn't it?

I'm expecting Billy Sharp, Josh McEachran and Roger Johnson... And possibly Lita aswell... If reports are to be believed...

I'm expecting our lass to get taken over by the spirit of a nymphomaniac and to win the euromillions on Friday.

Well you started the silliness lol

Exactly- may as well leave it until the last minute - might be that another game falls within the loan period (either this one, or possibly the next if the loan is extended)

Yep, 93 days from 12 September takes us to Saturday 14 December - when we're away at Watford so will need all the help we can get.