Imminent Signing - Biggus

BIG D

Guest Big Guns

its been said that if Butland

As I say - maybe he's booked in for an operation that will keep him out for a couple of months?

why didnt he have the operation in pre season?

Kirkland only has this year left doesn't he? If Butland comes in I assume Kirkland would be off on loan (for a fee) to a Premiership side with a view to buy in January. Might not be a bad deal if we end up with a decent loan fee plus a transfer fee later down the line.

Premiership sides can't make loan signings when the window is shut

Here's another theory.

Butland has been conned. He was led to believe he was signing somewhere for first team experience but actually both managers thought it would be good for Butland to learn from the experienced Kirkland and Jones has the extra backup he wanted.

We pay 0% of Butlands wages.

Here's another theory.

Butland has been conned. He was led to believe he was signing somewhere for first team experience but actually both managers thought it would be good for Butland to learn from the experienced Kirkland and Jones has the extra backup he wanted.

He'd learn more from Begovic and Sorensen. 

Bizarre signing if true. This is a keeper who is pushing for a place in the World Cup squad, no way would he want to sit on the bench for a poor Championship side. It wouldn't be good for his development and it would be ridiculous on our behalf aswell.

The only explanation is surely that Kirkland is injured or on his way out. If that isn't the case, Butland coming here is just bonkers.

I think Kirkland will be sold to Stoke in January. I reckon a cut-price deal has been provisionally agreed rather than lose him for nothing in the summer. An op on any niggling injury for Kirkland now so that he's fully fit for January. Butland to be guaranteed first team football for the rest of the season. The fee from the Kirkland sale will fund the other imminent loan signings.

Here's another theory.

I don't buy that. Stoke will want to develop their asset. Trading one bench for another wouldn't suit their agenda. Butland can learn as much from Begovic and Sorensen as he could from Kirkland.

I think we are over-thinking this.

Kirkland currently has the Number 1 spot, Butland comes in to challenge him

We pay none of the wages

If it doesn't cost us anything, and we get a strong number 2 then I don't see the problem.

If we are paying out of the wage budget, or if you are Butland wanting guaranteed games...then I see the problem.

We need to move out high earners in order to bring in new players.

Kirkland is one of the highest earners at the club. 

Ergo, Kirkland needs to be moved on. 

We get Butland on low wages to replace him, he gets experience, we get a good keeper, everyone's a winner baby.

Except us once the season is over and we have Jameson and Davies as our keepers.....  :st2:  

Martin Taylor will be a top signing for Brentford, if they don't go up with that squad questions need to be asked to Uwe Rosler. Be interesting to see who Jones brings in as a replacement centre back.

The signing of Butland would be strange unless we have an agreement with another club for Kirkland or he's crocked again. Just hope we can still bring in a midfielder and striker.

We need to move out high earners in order to bring in new players.

Kirkland is one of the highest earners at the club. 

Ergo, Kirkland needs to be moved on. 

We get Butland on low wages to replace him, he gets experience, we get a good keeper, everyone's a winner baby.

Kirkland was on the scrap heap when we picked him up.

He'll be on good money, but highest eaners? Really?

I don't see how signing an error prone rookie keeper is a step in the right direction when our current one is playing out of his skin.

It's the one dept we should be happy to leave alone.