Imminent Signing - Biggus

BIG D

Guest Deleted member

Kirkland only has this year left doesn't he? If Butland comes in I assume Kirkland would be off on loan (for a fee) to a Premiership side with a view to buy in January. Might not be a bad deal if we end up with a decent loan fee plus a transfer fee later down the line.

exactly

its been said that if Butland

why didnt he have the operation in pre season?

wibble

I was thinking in the summer, when there was loads of focus in the press upon how Kirkland and Gardner had "defied their critics" in terms of fitness that it would be typical for them to go and get injured. Hopefully Kirkland is ok and we have no need for Butland, I dont get the impression from Kirkland that he wants to leave the club.

Like others have said, makes no sense whatsoever.

The reasoning of "needing to push Kirkland" would make sense, had Kirkland made a poor start to the season.

But the fact that his form has been sensational makes the statement bizarre, because clearly it's not affecting his form!

If he's not injured, then it just seems a totally unnecessary waste of resources, that we've already supposedly ran out of!

Like others have said, makes no sense whatsoever.

The reasoning of "needing to push Kirkland" would make sense, had Kirkland made a poor start to the season.

But the fact that his form has been sensational makes the statement bizarre, because clearly it's not affecting his form!

If he's not injured, then it just seems a totally unnecessary waste of resources, that we've already supposedly ran out of!

It does if you think it through enough, then make a leap of faith

Jones is at risk of looking a bit daft if after bringing in another keeper in order to keep the current keeper on his toes, we then let the very keeper leave the club.

Will we bringing in another keeper after Butland to keep him on his toes too?

As I say - maybe he's booked in for an operation that will keep him out for a couple of months?

This ^

First match against QPR I remember noticing that Kirkland pulled up during the warm up and was quite concerned. Maybe there was more to it after all and been playing on pain killers until we could get a replacement in

why doesn't it make sense? we had had Bywater as backup last season...why can't we have a decent loan signing as backup this season?

Bywater was already at the club though, and Kirkland was signed because he was a better keeper. It's not as if Bywater was loaned in to sit on the bench.

Martin Taylor will be a top signing for Brentford, if they don't go up with that squad questions need to be asked to Uwe Rosler. Be interesting to see who Jones brings in as a replacement centre back.

They should be up there again, but Taylor will be a very good signing if they get him.

Good experienced leader next to Harlee Dean, I'd be happy with that in L1