Dave Jones To Be Appointed On Friday

By mid-March, they sat in 2nd place, with an 11 point lead over their arch-rivals and nearest challengers West Bromwich Albion.[5] However, the final nine games saw Wolves take just 10 points from 27 available, while Albion, in contrast, won 8 of their final 10 fixtures to overtake their rivals and pip them to promotion on the final day of the season.

How coincidental that Megson quoted that at Sundays game .

Don't see the point in waiting until Friday and I don't see the point in making Megson hang on by the fingernails until Wednesday night unless the new manager was already in place.

I suspect he'll already be appointed and be announced tomorrow.

Totally obvious now that Gary was a gonner whatever happened.

Milan has had to leave the announcement a couple of days to avoid looking an even bigger rumblewit than he does right now.

Edited by BIG D

Totally obvious now that Gary was a gonner whatever happened.

Milan has had to leave the announcement a couple of days to avoid looking a bigger rumblewit than he has.

I think tonight proves Milan doesn't give two fooks about how he appears to anybody.

Making sure he had the new manager's contract signed before he fired the old one though.. that seems abit more cold and efficient.

Guest York Owl

Just been told Dave Jones will be appointed on Friday by the same person that told me Megson would be sacked what ever happened in the Derby on Sunday...

Nightmare scenario - what a complete bag of crap our club has become if this turns out to be true.

Edited by York Owl

Disappointed for Gary and admit a little underwhelmed by Jones, mostly through ignorance the same as when GM came in. I understand he likes to play attacking football though?

Come on guys this club is bigger than one man, GM has gone, lets get behind the team and whoever the manager is to try and get us promoted. I may be accused of happy clapping but I want to see what he can do before forming an opinion.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Dave Jones may be a nice bloke but he is even more of a 'nearly successful' manager than Danny Wilson.

Megson often spoke of his WBA team that secured a promotion place by winning 8 of the last 10 games in that season....

It was at the expense of Dave Jones Wolves that, like his Cardiff teams always did, bottled the last dozen games to hand it to WBA. [beat me to it Huge!]]

MM looking for a yesman?

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

Stockport promoted from this division. Took them to a league cup semi final.

Got wolves promoted to the premiership via the play offs against the pigs

Almost did the same with Cardiff. FA cup finalists.

Good football on the deck.

Pleased if this turns out correct.

Same. Ridiculous to say it would be a dire appointment. My only concern is do these decent managers get sufficient time under MM?

Stockport promoted from this division. Took them to a league cup semi final.

Got wolves promoted to the premiership via the play offs against the pigs

Almost did the same with Cardiff. FA cup finalists.

Good football on the deck.

Pleased if this turns out correct.

TBH, I don't know much about him, but I've seen more negative comments than positive. Nice to see some info, cheers G.

dave jones has been available for some time. If a change of 'style' is what MM wanted, why did'nt he sack megson around christmas, so the transfer window could have been used to the best effect.

I can only assume the court case was a closer thing than was made out and held MM back.