Dave Jones To Be Appointed On Friday

Guest madforitowl

I wonder if the new manager knows what storm he is about to enter!! It will be worse than Wilson faced at the Blunts - just hope for his sake we finish in 2nd spot or I doubt he will ever be accepted after this

What a load of crap the fans will moan a bit about megson but whats that got to do with new manager. Who ever gets job needs fans backing and im sure should they get us promoted the fans will be soon singing there name

I think tonight proves Milan doesn't give two fooks about how he appears to anybody.

Making sure he had the new manager's contract signed before he fired the old one though.. that seems abit more cold and efficient.

I may get negged but I quite like this, rather have him in our club rather than out at the moment. Ruthless maybe but has the best interest of the club at heart, just look at Wolves who did it the right way fooked up the recruitment process and probably ended their season.

Stockport promoted from this division. Took them to a league cup semi final.

Got wolves promoted to the premiership via the play offs against the pigs

Almost did the same with Cardiff. FA cup finalists.

Good football on the deck.

Pleased if this turns out correct.

He does have form for success.

Same. Ridiculous to say it would be a dire appointment. My only concern is do these decent managers get sufficient time under MM?

It's a fair point. You'd think the incoming manager would be aware of his reputation and the need for success and the consequences of failure.

Perhaps they might not be ready for the cringeworthy calls to protest and boo by the fans. Perhaps those planning on doing so should look at what Megson said about his time at Bolton and what happened there.

Guest TonyOwl88

Dave Jones... Now there's a man with a better CV than Megga.

The whole thing stinks.

You reckon the team will receive a boost from a change of manager? I thought that was for struggling teams. Watch the players' heads drop as we sink once again.

What a messed up decision.

Like Dave Jones hasn't got a track record of going on bad runs and blowing promotion hopes right at the death.

I'd pick out better candidates, but Megson would top the list anyway so what's the point?

I agree to a point about funds available to Megson but to MM it might be he feels a different approach and style with what we have could do better.

Only one way to find that out with a new manager i suppose.Jones is known for decent football , Stevenage have similar squad characteristics to us except i feel we have superior players so if they are getting results with what they have maybe we should be more competitive all the time.

End of the day our rivals are loving it that they are so far ahead of us and you look at how we've played all season especially recent losses and whether its down to funds or not, the derby aside its not been consistent enough with the players we do have and MM obviously sees it like that.

how is ANY new manager going to adapt the team to play his style of football, get to know the players strengths and weaknesses, find his best 11 etc. with just 13 games left?

In that case,huddersfield have no chance of promotion either then? We are more a less guaranteed a play off spot at least,by then i reckon the new manager will have a good idea on his best 11,also the lowe`s,morrison`s,mike jones`s will be itching to stake a claim under a new boss.

Disappointed for Gary and admit a little underwhelmed by Jones, mostly through ignorance the same as when GM came in. I understand he likes to play attacking football though?

Come on guys this club is bigger than one man, GM has gone, lets get behind the team and whoever the manager is to try and get us promoted. I may be accused of happy clapping but I want to see what he can do before forming an opinion.

How many times have we said that in recent years? Too many managers. Too many changes. If all the compensation payments to managers had been spent on the squad we'd have been promoted already! Maybe that's why Milan didn't spend more in the window. Had to save the £ for Megson's pay off.

Joke!

I don't think that Jones is a bad manager, far from it.

However, I'm not convinced that he is any better than the man he is replacing.

Exactly.

I feel now that we are in a position in the league where we are destined for the play offs. Will Jones do any better than Megson in them? Flip of a coin.

I agree to a point about funds available to Megson but to MM it might be he feels a different approach and style with what we have could do better.

Only one way to find that out with a new manager i suppose.Jones is known for decent football , Stevenage have similar squad characteristics to us except i feel we have superior players so if they are getting results with what they have maybe we should be more competitive all the time.

End of the day our rivals are loving it that they are so far ahead of us and you look at how we've played all season especially recent losses and whether its down to funds or not, the derby aside its not been consistent enough with the players we do have and MM obviously sees it like that.

possibly - we have'nt really been convincing all season, but have picked up enough points through hard graft. GM may have wanted to do it differently - who knows. Its not the sacking decision that wee wees me off, its the timing.

Guest starrydave

The funny thing is that the LMA thing may have triggered it and perhaps Megson might have been right, so now appointing Jones may make it look like Megson was right. So I can actually see MM changing his mind...

But how do you KNOW?!?!?! is it because you're so in the know???