Dave Jones To Be Appointed On Friday

In terms of actual achievements you're probably right.

In terms of footballing style there's an apparent whole world of difference.

Thats one thing im optimistic of.

Just had a quick browse on some wolves forums and a common remark was that they played some of their most attacking football under Jones.

The best two out of work managers have recently just been picked up in Warnock and Grayson anyway IMO.

Yup.

The only ***** of light I saw when the Megson rumours started was that Grayson was still without a job.

I'll take Jones from the ones available. But he's the best of a bad bunch for me.

As far as the players playing for the new Manager. There was a rumour after the season Sturrock was sacked, that the only reason we did well (finished 9th) was because the players felt responsible for KPS losing his job.

Hope something similiar happens here.

If his football is the brand purported then I am looking forward to seeing him at Hillsborough. As I said in another thread last week generally sides which go through the leagues play good attacking football, Swansea, Southampton etc.

I liked Gary but his brand of football (however you want to bury your head in the sand) was outdated, universally criticised within football (except by Stoke, who are the exception) and look forward to some creativity in our play and god forbid a plan B!

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I fooookin dislike Jones intensely, makes my fooooooookin skin crawl for some reason... Dont want hm near our club...

I am still in major shock...

Worse feeling than Sturrocks sacking....

If MM is feeling disenchanted with English football he ought to see it from our fooookin end of the stick....

ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!1

I fooookin dislike Jones intensely, makes my fooooooookin skin crawl for some reason... Dont want hm near our club...

I am still in major shock...

Worse feeling than Sturrocks sacking....

If MM is feeling disenchanted with English football he ought to see it from our fooookin end

of the stick....

ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!1

I think he makes your skin crawl because of the fact he was accused of 21 separate incidents of sexual abuse towards children. However not found guilty. Doesn't sound good though does it.

I think he makes your skin crawl because of the fact he was accused of 21 separate incidents of sexual abuse towards children. However not found guilty. Doesn't sound good though does it.

Not found guilty? The case was thrown out, with the Judge citing that it never should have come to court in the first place. Anyone who brings this up is out of order IMO. No one should have to put up with baseless allegations like that.

Stockport promoted from this division. Took them to a league cup semi final.

Got wolves promoted to the premiership via the play offs against the pigs

Almost did the same with Cardiff. FA cup finalists.

Good football on the deck.

Pleased if this turns out correct.

I agree.

I'm sorry Gary has been sacked but for my money Dave Jones is head and shoulders above anyone else in the running

Exactly.

I feel now that we are in a position in the league where we are destined for the play offs. Will Jones do any better than Megson in them? Flip of a coin.

So in other words what you're saying is that this is not a football based decision and is really about personalities?

If you are, I agree.

It was a load of greedy chavs trying to engineer compensation.

Ignorant comments IMO.

Well I swear that he referred to them in an interview he did back on Talksport a few months back.

My comments aren't ignorant.

I'm a big Megson fan, as a little 'un his dad was my hero, I watched Gary play and bring pride back to our club in the 80's after all the dross of the 70's ... but the fact is, whoever comes in as manager has to and deserves to have the supporters behind them.

Yes debate whether or not Gary should have been sacked, but don't blame the new man whoever he will be.

Forest and Bolton weren't impressed with Megsons' performance at their respective club's .... so should we rely too much on history ?

So in other words what you're saying is that this is not a football based decision and is really about personalities?

If you are, I agree.

Of course it it mate.

No manager gets sacked after beating their biggest rivals unless there has been a serious break down in relations behind the scenes.

I didn't want Megson to be appointed, ironically I wanted to take a punt on Di Canio, so obviously I'd like Di Canio next (or possibly O'Driscoll). Having said that, Megson did better than I expected (albeit not in the style I'd like) and I thought he should have been given another year tbh.

If Milan pulls off a shock move like bringing in the likes of Di Canio, then no doubt fans will soon adopt an attitude of, the king is dead, long live the king... but Dave Jones? :unsure: