Neil Mellor

Guest intercity0wl

Think he gave us ten good games last year. Not enough for me. Rather we went after two other strikers with a bit of pace.

thought pretty much every game under megson he looked good in myself.

as has been said a million times, with the poor supply the strikers got, and under irvines negative tactics, it was a wonder they scored at all.

he linked up well with Morrison and Madine, scored 20 goals at this level last season, and with an improved team around him should really do better. if we dont land him im struggling to think of a reasonable alternative, that wont be a gamble.

better the devil you know at this time of the season i think.

Well no breakthrough today then If the mysterious fourth man is Koumas, then we are waiting for 2 players who are probably holding out to see if they get better offers, one whose club are unsure about letting him out and one who if we don't up our offer, will be playing at Hillsborough in a couple of weeks but for our opponents Rochdale. I can understand Megson not setting any deadlines for Mellor and Koumas but can we afford to wait for all 4?

Guest Sheff Owl

Don't even think we are close to signing him...

I mean lets say for example if you were due to sign him would you want him playing in a friendly ie tonight and risk him getting injured?

I'm sure if we were due to sign him tomorrow or this week we would have said any chance you leave him out of the friendly.

Guest Sheff Owl

I really don't get what the hold up is, Megson has now come out and said Mellor wants to come so why does he not sign up?

Either he want's to come or he doesn't or is he saying i'll come but for the money i'm on now? - which he knows we can't do that..

Preston kinda need to get him off the wage bill...I really don't get it..

Guest Saturday Owl

Saw that he scored tonight, if we don't sign him he'll score against us next season.... No doubt.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

I really don't get what the hold up is, Megson has now come out and said Mellor wants to come so why does he not sign up?

Either he want's to come or he doesn't or is he saying i'll come but for the money i'm on now? - which he knows we can't do that..

Preston kinda need to get him off the wage bill...I really don't get it..

Hypothetical suggestion here

Megson, and Mellor agree terms, but Milan needs to save a few bob so he says lets hold off until 1 week before the season starts.

At £6k to £7k per week we have just kept him off the wage bill for 10 weeks and saved a small fortune, add a similar strategy to the other 3 players and it's easy to see why there may be delays

The savings from stalling these 4 signings could finance 1 or 2 real quality players in the January loan window, but it is much more likely the stalling is to guarantee a wage of a certain level for each player

I believe they have all 4 players in place and are all holding off on signing to save funds (Gentlemans agreement) I'm sure there are rules and regs against it but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen