Neil Mellor

Guest intercity0wl

Guest Sheff Owl

Just heard it on RS the guy said the deal for us to sign Neil Mellor has stalled because we can't agree personal terms and we might have to search for other targets.

Also we are considering if to make another bid for Chris O'Grady.

Just heard it on RS the guy said the deal for us to sign Neil Mellor has stalled because we can't agree personal terms and we might have to search for other targets.

FFS. Megson will be going through a list as long as my arm at this rate.

Still not totally ruled out then?

Seems to be lingering on a little while longer if you ask me.

"He has a manager who believes in him, a backroom staff that wants him to do well and when he got his goal we were delighted for him."

Is that suppose to be a dig?

Its not a dig at us - more reassurance for Mellor as he did not have a good relationship with the Preston manager and backroom staff last year.

Looks like we're not getting Mellor then. We have wasted far too much time on this if true and are going to really struggle to bring in someone equally experienced/talented at this point.

Guest Sheff Owl

It's all getting stupid now, surely we should have had an idea if plan A failed, if plan B failed and so on...it just seems like we are going "Ok right that has fallen through so who now?"

Makes me wonder if we are just trying to save some money...i mean we are 'considering' if to put a bid in for COG...are we waiting to see if this lad is any good who we have on trial?..

I have not got a clue what is going on...

Yet MM said on the 19th July - he's hopeful of completing something soon.

Its not a dig at us - more reassurance for Mellor as he did not have a good relationship with the Preston manager and backroom staff last year.

Looks like we're not getting Mellor then. We have wasted far too much time on this if true and are going to really struggle to bring in someone equally experienced/talented at this point.

Maybe...

But there's never been such a mass of available players as this years pre-season.

We have a lot to filter through before i'd start to panic.

Guest Sheff Owl

Still not totally ruled out then?

Seems to be lingering on a little while longer if you ask me.

Well that's what i heard so i'm guessing there is still a chance but it's got to come to a head either way - THIS WEEK!

Guest Sheff Owl

We might not be getting Batth back either...

Just been look apparently he has been class for Wolves over pre - season and even some suggesting he should be in the squad and even a perfect partner along side Roger Johnson.

One or 2 would prefer him to go back on loan - but seems like he impressing the fans.

We might not be getting Batth back either...

Just been look apparently he has been class for Wolves over pre - season and even some suggesting he should be in the squad and even a perfect partner along side Roger Johnson.

One or 2 would prefer him to go back on loan - but seems like he impressing the fans.

Said it many times but I don't think we need him.

But sadly we have just over 2 weeks till the season starts.

Too little time to filter/bring in/integrate/bond etc.

Aye but if we're picking players up who have just gone through a pre-season with another club, it shouldn't matter...

If they're free agents, then yeah.... starting from scratch fitness wise at this point isn't great.

I'm getting proper fed up with the lack on transfer activity, we've got 2 strikers ffs, I can't imagine many conference teams have entered in to pre season with such a lack of strikers. As much as I want Mellor here I think it's time to move on and get some bids in for other strikers.

Aye but if we're picking players up who have just gone through a pre-season with another club, it shouldn't matter...

If they're free agents, then yeah.... starting from scratch fitness wise at this point isn't great.

True - its frustrating/worrying though.