Neil Mellor

Guest intercity0wl

Guest Saturday Owl

We'll get him, Doncaster wont get him and nor will Watford with them being skint.

Only Southampton could stand in our way at the moment.

I would have thought Southampton would be looking at better players to be honest.

Donny is a good shout though, I could see that happening.

Im not too bothered either way, if we sign him...great. If we dont, then Megson will have to find someone else. I would prefer a striker with pace anyway.

I would have thought Southampton would be looking at better players to be honest.

Donny is a good shout though, I could see that happening.

Im not too bothered either way, if we sign him...great. If we dont, then Megson will have to find someone else. I would prefer a striker with pace anyway.

Donny won't be able to afford his wages.

This story has come straight from his agent and is designed to alert Championship teams to his availability.

Mellor himself has said he has a lot of respect for us and would love to play for us again one day but would like to play Championship next season if possible (which is why the deal with us is stalling as opposed to the wages thing the media are reporting).

As yet no one else has put an offer in for him, and if it stays this way he will be an SWFC player soon. If not, we move on.

As strange as it sounds the will he/won't he around Neil Mellor is starting to lead me to believe that quite a few fans will be disappointed if he did sign and didn't live up to last seasons expectations. It'd turn him fast into another scapegoat. I've thought all along we should be going for AT LEAST two more strikers for comeptition. If one of them is Mellor then great. But I just hope we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket with Mellor.

Guest Sheff Owl

Bloody hell, i know it said Championship but i was expecting to read a little sentence saying Charlton could be now interested too. :biggrin: