Neil Mellor

Guest intercity0wl

Guest wilyfox

Milan will get him and at the right price.

Mellor doesn't want to rejoin us in league one. why do people pretend thats insignificant? the problem isn't Preston - we agreed a fee with them weeks ago. the problem isn't Mellor's wages - GM said the player isn't on the wages reported in the media. the problem is Mellor - he loves the club but wants to play at a higher level. little point in bringing back a player who doesn't really want to be here.

Guest Sheff Owl

One good thing is i suppose some of the Championship clubs that were apparently interested in Mellor have dropped out.

Guest wilyfox

One good thing is i suppose some of the Championship clubs that were apparently interested in Mellor have dropped out.

that still wont increase Mellor's desire to join us. i'm sure an offer will come from somewhere in the champ. may not be one of the teams reported, but i reckon someone will have him. could be a club like Coventry - they need a replacement for King

Guest Sheff Owl

I like Mellor and hope he does come but at the moment if everything is true he seems to be more interested in money than anything else.

Guest wilyfox

I like Mellor and hope he does come but at the moment if everything is true he seems to be more interested in money than anything else.

i'm sure money is important to him (like most), but i think its about league status more than anything. he's in his prime and wants to play at the highest level he can. i don't think there's anything wrong with that. we were fortunate Irvine managed to persuade him to join us for a season in the first place; given that he is an established champ player.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

If a deal can not be reached over the weekend we need to move on can not put all our hopes on one player could end up costing us as we would see other targets move to other clubs.

Mellor doesn't want to rejoin us in league one. why do people pretend thats insignificant? the problem isn't Preston - we agreed a fee with them weeks ago. the problem isn't Mellor's wages - GM said the player isn't on the wages reported in the media. the problem is Mellor - he loves the club but wants to play at a higher level. little point in bringing back a player who doesn't really want to be here.

if mellor is good enough then championship clubs WILL sign him up...

if not then they won't...

it's not up to what mellor wants, he'll have to accept what's going in the end...

i'd like a wee pipe down to my knees and a billion pound...

as yet i'm short of the billion pound...not too sure about this tape measure???... lol

Guest Sheff Owl

i'm sure money is important to him (like most), but i think its about league status more than anything. he's in his prime and wants to play at the highest level he can. i don't think there's anything wrong with that. we were fortunate Irvine managed to persuade him to join us for a season in the first place; given that he is an established champ player.

I know what your saying but if he really wanted to play in a higher league why has he not put in a transfer request? He said he would love to come back here if something can be sorted out and then recently he has said he will be happy to stay at PNE.

I'm just not sure what is going on like i have everyone seems to be blaming everyone else.

I really hope something can be worked out but as yet (as far as we know) nobody has made a move for him apart from us.

I know what your saying but if he really wanted to play in a higher league why has he not put in a transfer request? He said he would love to come back here if something can be sorted out and then recently he has said he will be happy to stay at PNE.

I'm just not sure what is going on like i have everyone seems to be blaming everyone else.

I really hope something can be worked out but as yet (as far as we know) nobody has made a move for him apart from us.

we're chipping preston and mellor over money...

preston's chipping us and mellor over money...

and mellor's playing a waiting game to see if a championship bid will come in...

when milan ups the ante...

mellor will be here...

Guest wilyfox

i don't think he wants to burn any bridges, and is trying to keep everybody sweet. he told us he would love to come back and play at some point, he also said he didn't think the fans would hate him if he ended up at a champ club. finally, he's told Phil Brown he's happy to see out the final year of his contract at Preston - Well he can't do all three!! he's waiting for the best offer. if a champ club comes in (and they don't appear to have done so yet), i believe he'll spurn both us and Preston.

Edited by wilyfox

Most of the championship clubs who can afford to be tooled up are tooled up. Those who can't afford are looking in Netto rather than Harrods. Mellor is a Sainsbury type player so every chance we are his best option at the moment. But to quote Cantona "the seagulls are n't following the Preston trawler at the moment".

Most of the championship clubs who can afford to be tooled up are tooled up. Those who can't afford are looking in Netto rather than Harrods. Mellor is a Sainsbury type player so every chance we are his best option at the moment. But to quote Cantona "the seagulls are n't following the Preston trawler at the moment".

So, are you trying to say something along the lines of Mellor will sign for Wednesday amid a mini-flurry of transfer activity including one or two names not previously linked / only very recently linked?

biggrin.gif

He'll be gash next season nailed on.

Waaay to much hype over him this summer.

All this has made him out as 10 times the player he actually is.

And ye its getting boring.

I would've left him our best offer on the table and moved on to other targets.

Guest Darkus Owlus

If we don't get Mellor the other names sound promising and need to prove themselves. Mellor absolutely will get 20 goals.

we're chipping preston and mellor over money...

preston's chipping us and mellor over money...

and mellor's playing a waiting game to see if a championship bid will come in...

when milan ups the ante...

mellor will be here...

This.