Buxton and o'connor

I'm shocked Buxtons staying. I thought he was destined to accept offers from either Southampton or Portsmouth.

After seeing Portsmouths defence last season, he'd walk in that team. Only Jason Pearce signing has slightly improved their situation with the defence

I also heard O Connor had offers from championship clubs. Even Preston North End put in an offer I heard?

Guest britmod_owl

good news on all accounts, we need joc for jpt games etc... we go on a cup run like last season then you need a squad big enough to have just cup players and sub fillers. jocs wages will be low enough and with it been one year, get out of this div, get rid of jpt, get rid of joc.

We need Hootie's wife to go round to JJ's gaff with some homemade cooking and persuade him to stay! biggrin.gif

He's still in Jamaica, not sure when he's back, he only returned the day before training started last year, so I'm presuming he'll be back early next week. I noticed on his facebook a couple of weeks ago he said there was just a couple of small details to go over, but I got the impression he was expecting to stay. He knows what the majority of supporters feel about him, and I know he loves the area. I know nothing is guaranteed, but I'll be surprised if he goes.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

We need Hootie's wife to go round to JJ's gaff with some homemade cooking and persuade him to stay! biggrin.gif

is that what they call it these days! :biggrin:

Guest Parky1867

Good news about Buxton. Hes no world beater, but hes more than good enough for the level we find ourselves in. One of the few players who can hold his head high after last season.

In regards to JOC I was stunned we offered him a renewal, he just isn't good enough. No surprise that he signed...

Saying that Im happier with him staying now that Potter has gone, I was dreading the possibility of those two starting for us again. Hopefully hes used as back up, but is a good influence in the dressing room. Hes here for the next year now, so lets hope Megson can get the best out of him, when called upon.

UTO

JOC was doing well for Megson and by all accounts is one of the few good, hard working characters in our dressing room whilst also showing promise as a coach too.

" Clap pat - clap pat - clap pat - clap slap

Clap pat! clap your hand...

Pat it on your partner hand... right hand

Cross it with your left arm

Pat your partner left palm

Pat your partner right palm

And a right palm again

Clap slap! clap your hand...

Slap your thigh and sing a little song" :ph34r:

All clapping aside - I'm glad he's signed aswell - we need 100% er's in this leauge ! :biggrin:

O'Connor is here for his character and will be a squad player I think, I dont really understand some of the moaning. He's not the greatest player but he's always worked his ginger nuts off and is passionate about the club, thats not always easy to replace in one fell swoop so I think keeping him here for another year is pretty straightforward, especially on a bog standard wage.

Buxton looked far too good for this league, I thought he'd be on his bike. Have a bad feeling about JJ.