Buxton and o'connor

really glad buxton has signed just goes to show what a player can do if he knuckles down and puts the effort in. His resigning could possibly be the best signing of preseason his versatility means he frees up some wages so that we dont have to sign more players that we dont really need. Oconner deserves a chance next year under megson. Think he will only be a bit part player but will play his part.

Guest Saturday Owl

Really didn't like Buxton after relegation, but now I am chuffed he's signed a new deal.

As for JOC I don't mind, I was pretty certain both of these players were going to sign on anyway, really hope JJ does too.

Buxton was never terrible from what I recall. While he wasn't exactly fantastic either, he received a lot of unwarranted stick a few seasons ago, especially around the time of that own goal against United.

Not saying he was good enough for a starting shirt at the time (I can't really remember what other options we had), but he was certainly 'scapegoat of the month' for a while and got a lot of criticism for minor mistakes.

Glad Buxton has signed, flipping devastated I may have to see JOC's flipping shiteness gracing Hillsborough yet again for next season. All you numptys voting down the anti JOC posts are pathetic, he's a flipping awful awful player who offers absolutely nothing, and has been fundamental in our recent demise of the last few seasons, how anyone can now be happy he's extended his contract is beyond me.

flipping hope JJ sings ASAP otherwise having Teale and Cement Legs on the wing could be disasterous.

Guest PAUL.

Brilliant news about Buxton. I think he must know what is happening in the background with the squad for next year and obviously wants to be a part of it, otherwise I would have thought he would have been off like a shot.

I can't imagine any player not wanting to be part of the new Milan and Meggo revolution that is beginning to unfold, coupled with such a brilliant following we always have.

Megsons no fool, he sees what we see also, hence the dead wood starting to leave, and he will sort it.

I've no names, but I was told in early May that two of the players we were after would blow everyones socks off if we managed to sign them, and I still believe that this will still happen.

In Milan and Megson we should trust, and I'm hoping this promises to be a great season. I can't wait, especially for all the away games.

Bring it on........Come on you Blue and White Wizards.

Buxton was never terrible from what I recall. While he wasn't exactly fantastic either, he received a lot of unwarranted stick a few seasons ago, especially around the time of that own goal against United.

Not saying he was good enough for a starting shirt at the time (I can't really remember what other options we had), but he was certainly 'scapegoat of the month' for a while and got a lot of criticism for minor mistakes.

This.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I've had a bit of time to think about this and I'd like to change my mind on O'Connor.

I cast my mind back to another player of a similar ilk, although many will say he was a right back or centre half - Peter Atherton.

His best position was either doing a man marking job, or just in front of the back four.

If O'Connor is played just in front of our defence, and told in no uncertain terms that his job is to spoil the opposition's attack then get the ball to the wings or someone more advanced then he is, then he's got a big role to play next season. He could even be captain in that role.

Have to stress the bit about breaking play up, then passing to someone in a more advanced position, because that will also rely on other's showing for the ball a hell of a lot more then we have seen recently.

Edited by salmonbones

I've had a bit of time to think about this and I'd like to change my mind on O'Connor.

I cast my mind back to another player of a similar ilk, although many will say he was a right back or centre half - Peter Atherton.

His best position was either doing a man marking job, or just in front of the back four.

If O'Connor is played just in front of our defence, and told in no uncertain terms that his job is to spoil the opposition's attack then get the ball to the wings or someone more advanced then he is, then he's got a big role to play next season. He could even be captain in that role.

Have to stress the bit about breaking play up, then passing to someone in a more advanced position, because that will also rely on other's showing for the ball a hell of a lot more then we have seen recently.

All he flipping does is let players waltz past him then he follows them like a little puppy never looking like making a desisive tackle or ultimately winning the ball.

He really fooks me off to be honest, he may be a good man in the dressing room with his experience but he has to one of the most ineffective players at Wednesday I've ever seen, and thats even with all the poo we've had over the last 10-15 years. I reckon I could do his role without any problems.

Edited by Orlando_Trustful

All he flipping does is let players waltz past him then he follows them like a little puppy never looking like making a desisive tackle or ultimately winning the ball.

He really fooks me off to be honest, he may be a good man in the dressing room with his experience but he has to one of the most ineffective players at Wednesday I've ever seen, and thats even with all the poo we've had over the last 10-15 years. I reckon I could do his role without any problems.

Spot on.

People keep saying he would be good at sitting in front of defence but I have never seen him do that once. If he did he would probably be totally pointless anyway.

For me it is him who epitomises how bad we have been over the last two years. Him and his rumbleing clapping.

Guest bartos

Spot on.

People keep saying he would be good at sitting in front of defence but I have never seen him do that once. If he did he would probably be totally pointless anyway.

For me it is him who epitomises how bad we have been over the last two years. Him and his rumbleing clapping.

You boring or more people born out of wedlock, can't believe you 2 are still continuing

I could counter it but I've done it before with more credibillity than you 2 offer

Gutted about Joc hoped he'd have fooked off with potty

Only hope is we bring in a quality midfielder or two and he is sidelined for his crimes against football. Can't undertsand why we released Miller who could, on his day, bring something to the team. JOC brings nothing to the team and has struggled at both levels.

Guest Bald Owl

Not good, I mentioned on another thread yesterday about no renewals or interest on other players and we finish up with one of the two footballing fools staying O'Connor, we only need the fool Morrison staying and that will sum us up! Pleased for the lad Buxton came on leaps and bounds. Nothing to make me smile yet, Madine eating porridge Morrison up front on his own and no wingers, JJ? Big threat for promotion, not!

Spot on.

EXACTLY. Yet all these goons suddenly now support him, some people wont allow any criticism of any player, it's flipping bullshit. As you said, JOC is flipping awful and epitomises are awful recent few seasons.

Guest Big Guns

Only hope is we bring in a quality midfielder or two and he is sidelined for his crimes against football. Can't undertsand why we released Miller who could, on his day, bring something to the team. JOC brings nothing to the team and has struggled at both levels.

yep its unbealavable the amount of people who are happy with a player as limited as Joc,but then again its the same old happy clapping brigade ,things never change on here

Guest Bald Owl

yep its unbealavable the amount of people who are happy with a player as limited as Joc,but then again its the same old happy clapping brigade ,things never change on here

He's flipping poo mucca not fit for my little ens U9 side, but same height!

I think its because many people on OT are just used to us being sh!t.

And many on here may be too young to remember a good Wednesday side, so average players become the norm.

Its a sad marker of how far we've really fallen in the last 15 years.