Buxton and o'connor

good news about buxton, meh about JOC, hopefully he's not on much money.

jj is bound to have a couple of other offers to consider.

This is correct. Jj has currently 4 offers on the table. The other 2 did receive any. Buxton talked to Pompey but no offer. Jj will make a decision next week. I believe he will be staying.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

What about JJ?!

He may have agreed to sign, but either way he needs to apply to the Home Office for an extension.

This is correct. Jj has currently 4 offers on the table. The other 2 did receive any. Buxton talked to Pompey but no offer. Jj will make a decision next week. I believe he will be staying.

I heard last week, that O'Connor looked to be off because he had offers from Championship clubs.

Any idea who the offers are from for JJ?

Buxton was consistent last year ...JOC.../..bit hit and miss...when he's bad, he's bloody awful, theres no getting away from it, but opinion was divided at the latter end of the season, i personally thought he put in some decent performances, he's the sort of player that if given a particular job, he will do it, and mainly do it well...if left to his own devices he tends to expend what seem to be limitless amounts of energy...doin' mainly nowt...lets hope Meggo has a role for him

I heard last week, that O'Connor looked to be off because he had offers from Championship clubs.

I might be wrong but the source is very good. He said joc had an offer back in jan from America. But nothing the summer, although his agent contacted a few clubs, as he wanted a 2year deal.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Absolutely delighted we've kept Buxton

As for O'Connor, he makes me want to self harm

Edited by BirdonaMaguire

Buxton is a good top-half Championship player when a manager gets the best out of him. Delighted he's staying.

I remember when Laws got him to do a man-marking job on Taarabt a couple of seasons back, completely shut him out of the game.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Buxton is a good top-half Championship player when a manager gets the best out of him. Delighted he's staying.

I remember when Laws got him to do a man-marking job on Taarabt a couple of seasons back, completely shut him out of the game.

By Laws you mean Irvine?

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Was it? I stand corrected then =)

But yeah, I'm sure Megson is capable of getting him playing at his highest level consistently, which is more than enough for his position(s) in this division.

The 1-1 when Soares scores is the game I think you mean.