Buxton and o'connor

Buxton signing is terrific news, now don't get me wrong, I was there at Barnsley when he made his debut at CB, then RB then LB then god knows where back and he looked equally as awful in each position, but he has turned into our most consistent defender, and to top it all performed better than all our recognised left backs in that position last year. Fantastic bit of news, I for one was resigned to him making the step back up to the Championship.

Lewis Buxton and James O'Connor have signed new contracts to extend their respective stays at Hillsborough.

Buxton has put pen to paper on a two-year deal, while O'Connor has signed for a further campaign.

Versatile defender Buxton joined the Owls in October 2008 on loan from Premiership side Stoke City before making his move permanent in January 2009.

The 27-year-old has made 94 appearances for Wednesday to date, featuring predominantly as a right back, but also proving a valuable asset for the Owls when stepping in at left back and central defence.

O'Connor signed for Wednesday from Burnley in the summer of 2008 and has since made 133 appearances in the engine room, chipping in with seven goals along the way.

OS