Doom Howson sends message to Chansiri re: Röhl

He has made all his plans for lower wage players and less of them in League one next season, Danny might just screw it up for him by staying up.

"What do you mean you want even better players and a proper training ground to get promoted to the Premier next season?, you think I made of money?" 

"How much more you think I can charge my customers for tickets?"

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But this is just it, no manager since Carlos has been backed in the transfer market.

Yes funds for loans, but we need our own players, we have wasted £10's of millions over the seasons on players who have added very little to the team.

We need 5 or 6 good quality young championship players, to push the team on. We also need shut of a lot of the deadwood.

for me Windass, Paterson, Smith, Gregory, James, Dawson, Delgado, Famewo, Wilks need moving on / no new contracts. 

All of the loans gone but try and sign Povada, Ugbo and maybe resign Beadle for the season if we cannot find an upgrade on Dawson.

But none of this matters if we are looking in the bargain bin again.

Röhl 100% has the upper hand here given the buzz around him at the moment. Completely up to Chansiri how he deals with such a new situation for him but if I was I betting man.....   

Edited by Almat
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Dej won't be able to deal with the success and hero status of Danny. Get ready for the next off season drama. 

47 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats how I see it, he may bask in reflected glory for a week, then he'll get jealous and do summat stupid

Good chance. 

It clearly irked him that he didn't get enough "credit" for our promotion. 

46 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But this is just it, no manager since Carlos has been backed in the transfer market.

Yes funds for loans, but we need our own players, we have wasted £10's of millions over the seasons on players who have added very little to the team.

We need 5 or 6 good quality young championship players, to push the team on. We also need shut of a lot of the deadwood.

for me Windass, Paterson, Smith, Gregory, James, Dawson, Delgado, Famewo, Wilks need moving on / no new contracts. 

All of the loans gone but try and sign Povada, Ugbo and maybe resign Beadle for the season if we cannot find an upgrade on Dawson.

Give Röhl a £20m transfer kitty to go out and spend and we will be contenders for the play off's. The only way DC gets any of his money back now is by going all in on this manager and his coaching team. Back them and they will deliver. Don't back them and watch as the investment thus far shrinks even more. 

But we know DC is not a real businessman, he doesn't have a clue about business or the basic principles of doing business, so he won't see past finding the money to cover the monthly short fall he's created. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When your needing a help in hand am influential figure to make the difference and push us forward.

upsteps dom f£&)&)(g howsom, 

we would have better getting Kevin Webster from corrie to send his starting line up direct to Röhl 

3 hours ago, Almat said:

Genuinely think Röhl will flush Chansiri's true financial picture out here - if he genuinely hasn't got a pot to pee in I think we are going to get the evidence to back up what many of us have suspected for a while if he fails to back Röhl. 

I’d love to know why people would believe it now when tbh eh didn’t before. 

3 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Just imagine if Chansiri doesn't back Danny this summer,  can the guy get any more inept?  We shall see!  

Hmmm. He didn't really back him in January, to the extent that was needed. I think he's out of money. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Hmmm. He didn't really back him in January, to the extent that was needed. I think he's out of money. 

Very likely but what gets me about that; if he is out of money why would he set on that top class coaching team helping Danny? They won't be coming cheap I suspect. 

• Like 2

We can’t expect to buy success, otherwise financial fair rules get broken. Success for clubs like us has to be canny signings, selling players and setting up a good off field set up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

I get your general point, but I would say Poveda, Ugbo and Beadle could all be classed as “bargain bin” signings - or were certainly viewed as such when they signed.

backing Röhl in the transfer market may not mean spending loads on players, it could just be allowing him the autonomy to overhaul the squad and bring in players he’s identified - even if we haven’t heard of them and/or they don’t cost a lot of money.

Edited by Yellowbelly
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Almat said:

Very likely but what gets me about that; if he is out of money why would he set on that top class coaching team helping Danny? They won't be coming cheap I suspect. 

I have a theory, it may be completely wrong though. What if Danny wants to go it alone as a manager having been assisting at top clubs. No decent sized club would touch him initially due to lack of management experience. He has big links and contacts having worked under the Red Bull structure. What if his contacts and agents identify a list of suitable opportunities at clubs large enough for him to grip and progress but are currently in the doldrums. What if said contacts offer to fund or part fund the entire backroom staff costs for a season? For DC it's a no brainer and Danny gets his much needed experience and raises his profile. Just a hunch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

DC will pull that exact face when he realises he may have to spend a decent amount of money.

Just give Roehl a reasonable budget to stick to. None of this coming cap in hand to make a case for every individual signing.

Roehl is a proper manager, let him do his job. With his contacts I'm sure he can get some young cast offs from his former clubs without much outlay. Players who haven't made it at the very top but that are more than good enough at our level. Hopefully we can profit from some signings  as things develop.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I have a theory, it may be completely wrong though. What if Danny wants to go it alone as a manager having been assisting at top clubs. No decent sized club would touch him initially due to lack of management experience. He has big links and contacts having worked under the Red Bull structure. What if his contacts and agents identify a list of suitable opportunities at clubs large enough for him to grip and progress but are currently in the doldrums. What if said contacts offer to fund or part fund the entire backroom staff costs for a season? For DC it's a no brainer and Danny gets his much needed experience and raises his profile. Just a hunch.

I still cling to the hope that RB are in the background looking at us. Thought it right from when DR got set on and all the ex RB coaching staff. Such an un-Chansiri thing to do and you have to question the reasoning behind such an enormous change in approach ..

Edited by Almat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1