Doom Howson sends message to Chansiri re: Röhl

Just now, Waddle93 said:

Of course along with Car, Mrs and Kids

Good to hear. Good luck and try and ditch the sneering negativity while you are at it. It will take you far ...

• Thanks 1

The problem in that we face yet another season of now knowing what league we will be playing in is that we don't know how to plan for next season. That's not just about any potential signings, but season tickets and so on, and he has already got that wrong when we looked likely to be dropping. 

If he had made suitable additions in January at the very least or done a lot better in August, we may already know what divison we are playing in next season. That may have had an effect on results I highlight such as Stoke, Swansea and even the drubbing at Huddersfield. 

The club must have done well financially this season considering we have spent nothing, apart from Röhl appointment. A few quid in the Fa Cup and three big attendnaces bringing £500k in each game. 

Instead, he took a stupid gameble on season ticket prices, a low turn-up it seems and that will effect us again. People will ultimately make last minute decision to buy one - but are people going to buy them at current prices? Ultimately he is what is impacting what money we have coming in for next season. 

A decent January, a Röhl bounce, extra points and a release of ST's this month would have seen huge turnout. 

But I also hope that somehow Chansiri does have some money hanging about because his ST's prices are going to leave him well short. Despite what I think of him, what others say - I don't think he is as skint as we think. And he has the perfect opportunity now, to spend, as we are able to start from scrtach. But that must start from the moment we know what division we are in, not 4 signings mid August and another 7 nobodies in the last week.

5 hours ago, TrendOwl said:

The problem in that we face yet another season of now knowing what league we will be playing in is that we don't know how to plan for next season. That's not just about any potential signings, but season tickets and so on, and he has already got that wrong when we looked likely to be dropping. 

If he had made suitable additions in January at the very least or done a lot better in August, we may already know what divison we are playing in next season. That may have had an effect on results I highlight such as Stoke, Swansea and even the drubbing at Huddersfield. 

The club must have done well financially this season considering we have spent nothing, apart from Röhl appointment. A few quid in the Fa Cup and three big attendnaces bringing £500k in each game. 

Instead, he took a stupid gameble on season ticket prices, a low turn-up it seems and that will effect us again. People will ultimately make last minute decision to buy one - but are people going to buy them at current prices? Ultimately he is what is impacting what money we have coming in for next season. 

A decent January, a Röhl bounce, extra points and a release of ST's this month would have seen huge turnout. 

But I also hope that somehow Chansiri does have some money hanging about because his ST's prices are going to leave him well short. Despite what I think of him, what others say - I don't think he is as skint as we think. And he has the perfect opportunity now, to spend, as we are able to start from scrtach. But that must start from the moment we know what division we are in, not 4 signings mid August and another 7 nobodies in the last week.

Season ticket prices are expensive whatever division we end up in.  It is a big financial outlay, especially for those who are stretched financially.   Our pricing policy is so wrong.

In an ideal world, i would love to see cheaper STs, competitive POTG pricing.  Would also love for the ground to be redeveloped to bring back standing and bigger crowds with better atmosphere.  Can grounds be redeveloped to brong back standing or is it prohibited by the regulations?  We also need to improve the matchday experience, facilities and catering which is substandard.  A lot the club needs to do and Chansiri has done vert little in 9 years or so.

12 hours ago, M Royds said:

We can’t expect to buy success, otherwise financial fair rules get broken. Success for clubs like us has to be canny signings, selling players and setting up a good off field set up. 

The thing is, the only way for DC to get success now is to have a crack at it with Röhl and his team. They won't stick around for long if there's no investment in players they want to be working with. All it takes is another poor summer of recruitment of players, with a solid start of results and other clubs will be sniffing around Röhl pretty quickly as they'll see he can get more than the sum of it's parts out of a club and players. If Southampton don't go up, you'd expect they'll be looking at Röhl as an option, Sunderland too, already reported interest and then there's likely to be interest from clubs in Germany too. 

The alternative of investing in the off field set up of training facilities, youth set up, ground etc will all take too long to produce results, Röhl and his team will be off by the time we see any uplift from them.

Short term invest in the playing squad, whilst in the background begin bringing the off-field aspects of the club up to standard at a slower pace would suffice right now. I fear the alternative is a restless manager who leaves, then we're in a much worse position, as we know there's no continuity plan at the club.

The only consolation should DC behave as we expect him to re squad investment / future plans etc after the season finishes is that if Röhl walks the whole fan base will want him out and will let him know what a sh*show he has created - even those wearing blinkers will turn against him such is the impact Röhl has made here... Every cloud!! 

I think finally this is the cross roads for Chansiri.

There have been fans in the fence regarding him, but if we were to let Röhl go and be back in league one with no players, no manager and no plan, surely those on the fence will finally see how inept he is?

And in the same token, if he backs Röhl on and off the pitch, he could swing people back the other way.

5 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The club needs massive investment. He failed to back the managers for the second January on the trot.  He wants the club to support itself without him having to add extra money. 

He's lost interest.  

I think this could be the case.  I don't think we'll see him in Sheffield again. (hopefully)

3 hours ago, longreach said:

I think this could be the case.  I don't think we'll see him in Sheffield again. (hopefully)

Yep, he will most probably just sit from afar watching his investment rot around his ears, hanging on for his 170mill pay day. Which will never happen