2nd highest average attendance this century!

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

But the average attendance overall is decent. It’s crazy given our league position, prices and the football we played in early season. 

Best fans in the country......bar none!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

What debts we have none other than to DC, the club should not be financing loans he took out.

Paying wages, one of poorest squad in the league should not be costing as much as we seem to waste every year.

Our running costs should be rent, we dont own the stadium, so stadium upkeep should be paid by the land lord i.e. DC not SWFC.

Not sure any of these statements are correct.

Football is booming, has been for a while now and we are seeing that first hand.  It might not be to the liking of older fans like me and some on here but its not a working mans sport anymore.  Its also no coincidence that the top clubs in the Championship attendance stakes also have the biggest grounds, I am always more interested in what % the stadium is full, take out the away stand at S6 and we have a pretty high percentage on this scale as well, certainly higher than in past seasons when the capacity of the ground was higher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 31Dec1966 said:

Best fans in the country......bar none!

Barca few morons that every club has I think that has always been the case. Slightly more entitled than we were 10 years or so ago but still fantastic fans.

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

It's a shame that our average attendance is likely to be hit next season due to the level of season ticket renewals. 

I am quite certain it will be, priced me and Granddaughter out and quite a few more I know. Why would you pay top money to see a tribute act.

Chansiri bust his bank….made himself highly unpopular and now promotes a cheap act in a poor auditorium with awful facilities.

Its like paying to watch The Rolling Stones and watching the Rolling Bones.

When the product is good the demand is high….for any business…..bad product, awful pricing.

He will know his revenue is down before handing money to the manager 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WimJunk said:

It is strange how we take more away now, than the late 90's and most home games.

I gave my season ticket away for the Stoke game and the bloke who had it said; "How the hell do you watch that rubbish every week."

Did you tell the cheeky tw@t he won’t be having your ticket again lol

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Davidioso said:

33,000 against the Baggies will see us at around 26,750 average attendance, only marginally less than the playoff final season figure in 2017.
The second highest this century or since leaving the Premier League.

And yet we've been in the bottom 3 for 42 of the 44 games, watching some of the worst football in living memory and paying through the roof for the privilige.

Where do you start trying to analise that?

exactly , and 7400 sell out at blackburn on sky at 1230 on a sunday 2nd bottom of the league .. would leeds get that many been 2nd bottom? no they wouldnt , they didnt even sell out at our place a few times in past 15 years 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Attendances in the 80's and early 90's were down across the country, Leeds were getting gates as low as 8-9k in the 80's

Just for information. 
LUFC AVERAGE ATTENDANCES

IMG_0006.jpeg.3ddd9b81096c3ad480d2e9963058d911.jpeg

7 hours ago, boxing_day said:

yeah I think early 90s we were usually 5-8th highest in the country. Attendances have massively grown since the 2000s.

And in comparison with average wages compared to now, tickets were not expensive. Even in the early Premier League days, the average was not that good except for the matches against Liverpool and Manchester United. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Just for information. 
LUFC AVERAGE ATTENDANCES

IMG_0006.jpeg.3ddd9b81096c3ad480d2e9963058d911.jpeg

Some very low averages there for one of the biggest cities in the country with only one club, as I said, they had some gates as low as 8k.

• Like 1

image.png.2a905b158cadb6fafadbdfd4579ef567.png

To only drop below an average of 20,000 twice in all that time is impressive.

Especially when you throw in some of the things that have gone on, Chansiri's ridiculous pricing and a general underperformance for the size of the club.

I'm not often one for 'self congratulations' that we sometimes do as a fanbase but looking at those figures you can't fail to be impressed by it.

• Like 2

In answer to the OP

Chansiri making the season ticket option the cheapest way by far to watch us , doesn’t matter if you miss a few games because of the cost difference vs POTG

Add in the optimism from the dramatics over the playoffs , a few big teams in the division bringing more away supporters and you get the answer. 

will probably drop off next season as fewer season tickets sold snd the high POTG will bite him in the harris hopeful. 

15 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

The WBA sell-out may help us overtake Boro into 6th place in this season's highest average attendances table.  Currently its...

1. Sunderland

2. Leeds

3. Leicester

4. Southampton

5. Ipswich

6. Boro

7. OWLS 

8. Norwich

9. Coventry

10. WBA

Just confirms that really, we should be a top 6 side in this league - like the others in the top attendances table.   

Jnteresting that, only us and Sunderland the outliers here. Poor season's but great support 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

The WBA sell-out may help us overtake Boro into 6th place in this season's highest average attendances table.  Currently its...

1. Sunderland

2. Leeds

3. Leicester

4. Southampton

5. Ipswich

6. Boro

7. OWLS 

8. Norwich

9. Coventry

10. WBA

Just confirms that really, we should be a top 6 side in this league - like the others in the top attendances table.   

We've only been a top half side about 5 times in 24 years at this level and 2 of those were 12th place finishes I believe. 

• Like 1