2nd highest average attendance this century!

2 minutes ago, Davidioso said:

33,000 against the Baggies will see us at around 26,750 average attendance, only marginally less than the playoff final season figure in 2017.
The second highest this century or since leaving the Premier League.

And yet we've been in the bottom 3 for 42 of the 44 games, watching some of the worst football in living memory and paying through the roof for the privilige.

Where do you start trying to analise that?

I know we've been in the bottom three all season but thats too much UTO

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Our fanbase is remarkable. 

I would question "watching some of the worst football in living memory",  as under Danny the home games have been alright and sometimes entertaining.   I'd say there's been better games to watch than when Stuart Gray was in charge of the midtable side.   But i get the point that the quality of the players is not great for this level.   

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Our fanbase is remarkable. 

I would question "watching some of the worst football in living memory",  as under Danny the home games have been alright and sometimes entertaining.   I'd say there's been better games to watch than when Stuart Gray was in charge of the midtable side.   But i get the point that the quality of the players is not great for this level.   

Don't forget xisco-ball as well though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Davidioso said:

33,000 against the Baggies will see us at around 26,750 average attendance, only marginally less than the playoff final season figure in 2017.

And yet we've been in the bottom 3 for 42 of the 44 games, watching some of the worst football in living memory and paying through the roof for the privilige.

21 minutes ago, Davidioso said:

Well, as a starter, 'watching some of the worst football in living memory' is not strictly true or accurate. 

I've not seen any analysis of the opening part of the season under Disco's reign where the early season optimism rapidly started to fade and I imagine impacted attendances? 

But since DR arrived and his efforts to transform the team with a coherent plan, not always perfectly executed and a reach out to the supporters to build trust and in turn get the crowd to work as the fabled 12th man (big success here) the play has improved. Introducing Bailey Cad's, Poveda's early matches, Valentin's improvement plus others - the football at home has not over the duration of the whole season been as dire as you'd suggest. 

What determines how this season is remembered has still to happen. 

Let's start by blowing the roof off for the visit of the Baggies

• Like 1

This season's league averages by manager - 

Under Xisco (5 games) -  25,719

Under caretaker (1 game) -  26,025

Under Röhl  (16 games) - 26,726

Think it's pretty safe to assume that had Xisco stayed we'd have been down to the attendances pretty much being sold season tickets and away fans only with probably well under 20k actually present, we never got near the gate for the opening game again under him, and his final game was also boosted by a big Sunderland away following. Whereas Röhl's have been boosted by bigger gates in the last few games although lowered a bit by having more midweek home games which are almost always a bit less than normal. Overall the numbers have been pretty consistent.

2 hours ago, Davidioso said:

Dont forget the away temas this season have been pretty much sold out too....  not taking away the fact we have unreal fans. Just saying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

To be fair it does make you scratch your head. Chansiri must be convinced his prices are correct and the data would back it up. 

I hate our pricing structure but we are selling loads.

• Like 1