Is West Brom A Must Win?

It’s a must win for me and is our best chance of 3 pts. You saw today for the first 30 minutes how much nerves affected our players. Sunderland players will be relaxed, we will be racked with nerves. Hillsborough will be rocking and WBA have a final game at home to wrap everything up. We HAVE to win imo AND we are more than capable of doing so.

Sunderland serm to like playing us over the past few years... so a point isn't the end of the world but I think weneed to see a win might do it so let's go get 3 points. Sunderland may already be on holiday or may be up for it. I think if WB are in it ghe will blow us away. They did just pick us off when we tried to just defend against them. Go for it but don't go all out. 

A win obviously keeps our fate in our hands, and we should be going all out to get it.

But if we're a goal down in time added on? I want them absolutely busting a gut to get the equaliser. The difference between a loss and a draw could be huge. If we lose, Birmingham only need four points to be sure of catching us, and both Stoke and QPR are safe from us catching them whatever their results.

If we draw, and beat Sunderland? A lot of results would have to go against us for us to get relegated on 51 points.

It all depends on the Birmingham vs Hudds result - if that’s a draw or a Hudds win, a draw is enough (for now).

However, we need to get to 50 points and I’d rather not have to wait until Sunderland to hit that mark.

Hudds aren’t getting to 50 points - Ipswich will hit them for a cricket score on last day of season as a celebration party most even if they do get a result against Birmingham.

Birmingham can still get 53 but I highly doubt they’d win both their next games.

Plymouth have two winnable games but are so inconsistent they might not get another point.

I can’t see Blackburn getting another point tbh.

If we can beat WBA or Sunderland, honestly I can see us finishing 19th.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LJM Owl said:

It all depends on the Birmingham vs Hudds result - if that’s a draw or a Hudds win, a draw is enough (for now).

However, we need to get to 50 points and I’d rather not have to wait until Sunderland to hit that mark.

Hudds aren’t getting to 50 points - Ipswich will hit them for a cricket score on last day of season as a celebration party most even if they do get a result against Birmingham.

Birmingham can still get 53 but I highly doubt they’d win both their next games.

Plymouth have two winnable games but are so inconsistent they might not get another point.

I can’t see Blackburn getting another point tbh.

If we can beat WBA or Sunderland, honestly I can see us finishing 19th.

Birmingham can only get to 52. 

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

West brom will be coming to win, even more so if Hull win in midweek. I don't think of our last 2 opponents are going to be doing us any favours. 

West brom have a miles better goal difference than hull so think they're already safe in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Don't bank on that. First and last games of the season are usually silly season results wise. 

We've seen lately some surprising results including the top teams. Hopefully, we can pull off a surprise against West Brom.

I think Ipswich will tonk Huddersfield like they did us. We'll stay up on goal difference..

Is West Brom A Must Win?

Mathematically, yes

Empirically, no.

Can we still stay up if we don't win?  then it isn't really a must win methinks.

Do we need to win to ensure a win so our fate remains in our own hands?  Absolute must win

hope this hasn't helped...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This division is insane this season.

One more point could keep us up.

Four points could see us relegated.

Predict nothing. Just insane. And brilliant.

• Like 1