Danny Röhl - "For now I keep going and doing everything for this club.”

48 minutes ago, vulva said:

I think many on here would actually prefer Röhl to leave to provide further ammunition against DC. 

There's tons of ammunition to throw at DC regardless of DR.

We are in this position because of our incompetent owner , we get relegated and its categorically DCs fault. We stay up and its all because of DR. 

• Like 2

Let's be realistic.

If we're relegated Roehl will leave.

He's done enough to get a berth at a Championship club, and with decent backing and a competent chairman he could have a shot at promotion.

He's managed mid-table form with our shower and Chansiri.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Just his way of saying he's doing everything for the club whilst he's here. He knows he's not going to be here forever and so do we. Reading too much into the translation IMO.

Hard not to tbf

7 hours ago, HendOwl said:

In a recent interview with DR it ends with the line "For now I keep going and doing everything for this club.” 

Am I worrying too much about the "For now...." part?

5 hours ago, vulva said:

I think many on here would actually prefer Röhl to leave to provide further ammunition against DC. 

I'm fairly certain that every single one of the circa 27,000 average crowd this season desperatley wants Danny and his staff to stay.

There is no need for further ammunition. The owners 9 year record speaks for itself.

Astonishingly the owner has a chance, and only one chance to get out of jail.  To seize it he must give Danny full control and seriously invest in the team, ground and training facilities. Of course I don't think he will recognise this unbelievable good luck and I would prefer new fan friendly (and rich!) owners.

Danny Röhl leaving would only be a bad thing for Wednesday and I can't think ANY fan would want that for any reason whatever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think the place to be in general is England, but (I think) Röhl has 2 kids and may want to return ‘home’ one day, and he’d get a decent job in Germany. 

The owner may do what he did with Moore. He’s not unaccustomed to getting grief anyway. 

like with Moore, Röhl is a good shield to the owner though - we hear less BS and manage to keep some positivity in the fanbase when there’s someone positive as a stopper in between the fans and DC

So for Wednesday, unless we find someone else likeable we’d most likely be on for a miserable time 

I think Danny, at 34 years old, has plenty time on his side and could do more for his managerial career if he stayed, even if we went down to League One. Just think how much his stock will rise if (we go down) and he leads us to back to back promotions? Ok, I am living in dreamland BUT although I fear the worst, I still have hope that he loves the club and sees that he can do a long term job here. In 2-3 years time, he'll still be younger than some players in the twilight of their careers. 

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

I like Röhl and hope he stays, but the constant paranoia over every little thing he says is getting a bit OTT. 

It’s not like Owlstalk to go OTT in anyway.

What next, some fans drawing lines on diagrams pointing out where certain players should have stood during a game.

I know I’m being ridiculous, that would never happen.

• Like 1

I'd assume Danny would prefer us to be in the Championship instead of League One.

But either way, with loads of player contracts ending this summer, he's got massive scope to build a squad that would largely be of his own choosing and have a full pre-season with it.

He's young, got time on his side and it's already been noted how he's turned us around despite only having a 35 game season. He could really make a mark on us and build his reputation in the process plus if he shows loyalty to us should we be relegated, that could enhance his reputation even more. Hopefully he keeps us up of course. And stays anyway.

Over to Chansiri...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Nope he's gone,  we need to enjoy the last 3 games with him as manager.

The good news is that Munoz is coming back,  he does have a promotion on his CV...  

:duntmatter:

More likely to be Moore.  He will soon be looking for another job.   He is such a nice man, maybe Chansiri will take him back. 

19 hours ago, SiJ said:

I like Röhl and hope he stays, but the constant paranoia over every little thing he says is getting a bit OTT. 

It really is, isn't it? This constant dissection of tiny parts of language he's used is just a little weird. This happens after every interview, I'm sure. 

His second language is English, which is why his sentences or phrasing of things can be a little clumsy.

• Like 1