New Goalie for next season

I reckon we need to be setting up the signing of Rotherhams goalie right now. None of this we don't know what division we'll be in rubbish. I have a couple of Rotherham mates who rave about him and to be fair in quite a few of their games he has shown exactly what we need. He is a Sweden international and Swedes love playing for Wednesday almost as much as we love them. Sign him up now chaps.

Well that is my host keeper tip, but are there better options maybe  because Beadle is no better than Dawson in my opinion, or in goals conceded and he worries me far more tha Dawson ever did. Either way, we need a new 1st team goalie next season and this guy is there on our doorstep just ready to be signed.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Toytown will want a transfer fee for him… and for that reason, we’re out

Relegation release clause of £1 million I believe.

Would be very good business if we could pull it off. 

• Like 1

Very good keeper I mentioned him in another post last week, I think dc will have to put his hand in his wallet to get him and I can't see that happening, tbh there'll be other championship teams clamoring for his signature, I would be over the moon if he did come here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I reckon we need to be setting up the signing of Rotherhams goalie right now. None of this we don't know what division we'll be in rubbish. I have a couple of Rotherham mates who rave about him and to be fair in quite a few of their games he has shown exactly what we need. He is a Sweden international and Swedes love playing for Wednesday almost as much as we love them. Sign him up now chaps.

Well that is my host keeper tip, but are there better options maybe  because Beadle is no better than Dawson in my opinion, or in goals conceded and he worries me far more tha Dawson ever did. Either way, we need a new 1st team goalie next season and this guy is there on our doorstep just ready to be signed.

Sure I read the Blunts wanted to sign him so that's us out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I reckon we need to be setting up the signing of Rotherhams goalie right now. None of this we don't know what division we'll be in rubbish. 

It works both ways though. Would he want to play for a L1 club ? And that applies to any prospective player. 

6 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Toytown will want a transfer fee for him… and for that reason, we’re out

Well Smudge and Icky were out of contract so maybe the keeper is too. Millers are are worse than us in tying players down to longer term contracts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

Anyone thinking channers is gonna stump up £1m for a keeper needs to look at our recent transfer history. 

Yep, will be  free transfers, loans and scraping the bargain bins again.

• Like 3

I understand what people are saying regarding the money, but if we are going to improve the team for the long term, surely we cannot keep relying on loan goalkeepers?

Also, after DC's summer fiasco of a charm offensive, last summer, surely he will be looking to back his manager this summer and fill those gaping holes in the team? If we go down to L1, we need to come back up with a better squad than we have now, because we are just not good enough in this division. We need a handful of players to complete the squad we have now and many of these players will be going. If Chansiri wants us to play in L1, which is a strange thought, but hard to ignore with his lack of input (except when messing things up), then yes, we have a decent L1 goalkeeper and the basis of a L1 squad. If Chansiri has any plans to look like he still has a real interest in the club, then he needs to start by improving the club at player level and I thing this goalie would be a great start.