New Goalie for next season

17 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

No chance.

Wouldnt be surprised if he ended up at United.

He won’t be singing for another League One side anyway.

People said similar things about the two Micheals, but they came and although they mentioned that the singing played a part (😉), I think it was probably more money that swung it.

He had a chance to keep us up by backing Danny in January but didn’t. Can’t see any evidence that he’s going to change tack now. His plan is simple, spend as little as possible in order to recoup as much as he can. Progression of the club is not part of his agenda.

• Like 2

Absolutely no chance. They'll be more than a few clubs bidding for his services, he could even play in the Prem', probably for Ipswich or one of the other promoted teams. If he comes to Wednesday it will be either to play behind another leaky defence or in League 1 !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rogers said:

Dawson is ok for league 1

He might be but I can't see him staying after the way he's been treated. I can't blame him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WimJunk said:

We aren't getting the Rotherham keeper in a million years. He'll be going above us.

If we are league one, maybe Harry Tyrer? 

Tyrer is more of a car crash waiting to happen than Vasquez was

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I reckon we need to be setting up the signing of Rotherhams goalie right now. None of this we don't know what division we'll be in rubbish. I have a couple of Rotherham mates who rave about him and to be fair in quite a few of their games he has shown exactly what we need. He is a Sweden international and Swedes love playing for Wednesday almost as much as we love them. Sign him up now chaps.

Well that is my host keeper tip, but are there better options maybe  because Beadle is no better than Dawson in my opinion, or in goals conceded and he worries me far more tha Dawson ever did. Either way, we need a new 1st team goalie next season and this guy is there on our doorstep just ready to be signed.

He's the best Keeper in the Championship by far.  I think he'll end up in the Prem or one of next season's promotion favourites.   But yes, I agree he'd be a great signing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, True Owl said:

Absolutely no chance. They'll be more than a few clubs bidding for his services, he could even play in the Prem', probably for Ipswich or one of the other promoted teams. If he comes to Wednesday it will be either to play behind another leaky defence or in League 1 !

way too “hot” for us 

• Like 1

Do league 1 clubs spend a million on keepers ?....  I dont know what the maximum amount of loan players you can sign but I'd  guess we'll  be pushing it and one of then will be a young keeper from a prem club  .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, doubleo said:

It works both ways though. Would he want to play for a L1 club ? And that applies to any prospective player. 

No he would want upper Championship at least. He's broken into the Sweden squad this season so joining us if we were to go down would be a no no. If we stay up I would be very surprised if he signed for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

People said similar things about the two Micheals, but they came and although they mentioned that the singing played a part (😉), I think it was probably more money that swung it.

They were both 30. Johnson is 25 and his career is on an upward curve. Absolutely no chance of signing if in League 1. Virtually no chance if stay up. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I reckon we need to be setting up the signing of Rotherhams goalie right now. None of this we don't know what division we'll be in rubbish. I have a couple of Rotherham mates who rave about him and to be fair in quite a few of their games he has shown exactly what we need. He is a Sweden international and Swedes love playing for Wednesday almost as much as we love them. Sign him up now chaps.

Well that is my host keeper tip, but are there better options maybe  because Beadle is no better than Dawson in my opinion, or in goals conceded and he worries me far more tha Dawson ever did. Either way, we need a new 1st team goalie next season and this guy is there on our doorstep just ready to be signed.

Earlier this week there was a thread about Pierce Charles and people were saying that he will be our number one if we go down. There is no chance of that and no chance of Johansson signing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Earlier this week there was a thread about Pierce Charles and people were saying that he will be our number one if we go down. There is no chance of that and no chance of Johansson signing.

Depending on contracts etc I'd be happy with Dawson as No.1, with Charles as No.2.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, royalowlisback said:

Depending on contracts etc I'd be happy with Dawson as No.1, with Charles as No.2.

I think there is more chance of that if Dawson were to stay. I think it will be Dawson if offered/signs a contract or a small fee/ free/loan keeper with Charles as number 2.

• Thanks 1