New Goalie for next season

4 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Honestly mate Im not trying to say its a lofty opinion cos I've worked in the industry 17 years and yes I still have a lot of contacts in the game who I still occasionally speak to  (and some I wouldn't want to) but  you know the set up under this buffoon of a chairman  it'll be free signings at the bottom of the football pyramid who are scrattin about looking for a club (its better than working in the real world)  to loan signings who can't get anywhere near their parent clubs first team. That, unfortunately, is where we are as a club.  In my experience most pro footballers will go where the most money is. Thats natural - its their living and I dont blame em for that one little bit.

What role have you had in the industry for 17 years? What type of contacts do you still have?

Worked with the FA in connection with the national team playing home and abroad, was on organising committee for the security of Euro 96, worked in France for the 98 World Cup, then worked in a management role for a Championship club for 12 years .  Have several contacts who are still involved in the game in managerial and coaching roles. That's a brief potted history. 

Said it for a good while Johansson is a no brainer for £750k, shot stopper first and foremost he makes saves others don’t, brave, excellent on through balls (something Beadle still needs to work on) but he wont come to Hillsborough or the Lane IMO. Has a lot of options open to him. 

• Like 1