New Goalie for next season

On 19/04/2024 at 12:05, Marc_Degryse said:

Nothing against this Johanssen but can't help but think that keepers at sides in the relegation zone always look a bit better than they are purely because the defence in front of them is so crap they have a load of shots to save. Easier to find a worldie for the highlights reel when you have so much practice. If they concede a load then the team/defence gets the blame unless they're making ricks left, right and centre. 

Unless you are Grbic he looks really poo in a poo side

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BIG D said:

Stay up and I’d be more than happy to loan Beadle again. 

Not for me, he just doesn't give the confidence players around him need. 

That goal Blackburn scored was questionable for me also. 

We need better i feel. That said he has done reasonably for us and will get a well earned applaud from me for his efforts this season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 24/04/2024 at 18:27, Brad_owl said:

Not for me, he just doesn't give the confidence players around him need. 

That goal Blackburn scored was questionable for me also. 

We need better i feel. That said he has done reasonably for us and will get a well earned applaud from me for his efforts this season. 

Have you watched any of the "inside", the match videos on the Sheffield Wednesday Official website? The other players chat to each other and mess sround etc, but Beadle hardly ever interacts with the other players. On the pitch it looks as though he and the defenders are from different planets and there is not much of a thing between Beadle and the fans either. He does not come across as a team player who is totally committed to the club, which as a loan player until the end of the season, he isn't is he? A far cry from Dawson who lives and breathes Sheffield Wednesday. If only Dawson could take his game up a notch, we would have a decent Championship goalie, but as it stands he is just a bit better than Beadle in my opinion and should really be playing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just don’t get our fans it’s as if we have to get on our keepers back.

Yes we have been very lucky over the years with keepers…. Pressman, Lucas, Grant, Kirkland and Westwood in our years since we were in the prem is very very good to say how bad we have been, and now we are going through a problem patch with them.

But every single one we get there is criticism. Peacock-Farrell, an international keeper had some fans on his back, now we have a very good 19 year old prospect - yeah he’s far from the finished article but that’s why he’s here !! He’s been a massive step up on what we have had installed lots more confidence and been a great signing, who has helped give us a chance of a miracle. Yet he gets slagged off everywhere. I just don’t get it. 

Good keepers are at a premium in the country never mind our league. Chances of getting another Westwood are less than slim.

On 17/04/2024 at 00:11, Ante's Bubbly said:

I reckon we need to be setting up the signing of Rotherhams goalie right now. None of this we don't know what division we'll be in rubbish. I have a couple of Rotherham mates who rave about him and to be fair in quite a few of their games he has shown exactly what we need. He is a Sweden international and Swedes love playing for Wednesday almost as much as we love them. Sign him up now chaps.

Well that is my host keeper tip, but are there better options maybe  because Beadle is no better than Dawson in my opinion, or in goals conceded and he worries me far more tha Dawson ever did. Either way, we need a new 1st team goalie next season and this guy is there on our doorstep just ready to be signed.

Can I ask what makes you think he would come to Hillsborough. Dont be deluded into thinking that all footballers love Wednesday like you do. Ive worked in the football industry and can tell you they dont. We dont have a cat in hells chance. Someone will pay good money for him believe me, which pretty much rules us out.

40 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Can I ask what makes you think he would come to Hillsborough. Dont be deluded into thinking that all footballers love Wednesday like you do. Ive worked in the football industry and can tell you they dont. We dont have a cat in hells chance. Someone will pay good money for him believe me, which pretty much rules us out.

Until he does get signed by another club we are dealing in opinions only. So although your opinion is valued as much as everybody else's and mentioning that you once worked in the football "industry", obviously bumps your opinion up to a lofty level (of a janitor maybe 🤣), I really don't think, despite my lifelong investment in the football industry of 50 odd years (😉), that players only go from one club to another based on how much they love one club over another! That mate is being truly deluded.

I merely said that we should do all we can right now to sign him. Which makes sense as he is on our back door step and a passionate approach from our manager might swing it for us, especially if he wants to stay in the general area.

I have as much confidence of us actually signing Rotherham's goalie as I had of us signing Le Fondre under our former owner. Of course (with your football industry contacts) you will know that he was a player that we could have signed for a small amount more than we actually offered to Rotherham, but Mandaric did not back Megson and insulted Rotherham with a lower offer, they lost patience and dold him to another suitor who had been alerted by all the media attention stirred up by our messing about. Served us right. Megson managed to convince several players who had very little knowledge of Sheffield Wednesday, to join us and would happily travel to their homes, wherever they may be, to convince them they were wanted by the club and would have a future with us. (Of couse you will know that GM signed Chis O'Grady instead who managed to get under Mandaric's skin and his inclusions in Megson's teams upset Mandaric so much that they argued constantly and loudly at Hillsborough, which eventually led to Megson being sacked, even though O'Grady scored the goal against united that itself led to our promotion).

Then of course there are those players like Steven Fletcher, Forestieri etc who will just play for the highest bidder, for the highest wages that is, or largest signing on fee (not the highest transfer fee). I have no childish illusions of why players play for us, although many of them have grown to live our fan base, the way our team has played and the achievements they have shared while with us.

30 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Until he does get signed by another club we are dealing in opinions only. So although your opinion is valued as much as everybody else's and mentioning that you once worked in the football "industry", obviously bumps your opinion up to a lofty level (of a janitor maybe 🤣), I really don't think, despite my lifelong investment in the football industry of 50 odd years (😉), that players only go from one club to another based on how much they love one club over another! That mate is being truly deluded.

I merely said that we should do all we can right now to sign him. Which makes sense as he is on our back door step and a passionate approach from our manager might swing it for us, especially if he wants to stay in the general area.

I have as much confidence of us actually signing Rotherham's goalie as I had of us signing Le Fondre under our former owner. Of course (with your football industry contacts) you will know that he was a player that we could have signed for a small amount more than we actually offered to Rotherham, but Mandaric did not back Megson and insulted Rotherham with a lower offer, they lost patience and dold him to another suitor who had been alerted by all the media attention stirred up by our messing about. Served us right. Megson managed to convince several players who had very little knowledge of Sheffield Wednesday, to join us and would happily travel to their homes, wherever they may be, to convince them they were wanted by the club and would have a future with us. (Of couse you will know that GM signed Chis O'Grady instead who managed to get under Mandaric's skin and his inclusions in Megson's teams upset Mandaric so much that they argued constantly and loudly at Hillsborough, which eventually led to Megson being sacked, even though O'Grady scored the goal against united that itself led to our promotion).

Then of course there are those players like Steven Fletcher, Forestieri etc who will just play for the highest bidder, for the highest wages that is, or largest signing on fee (not the highest transfer fee). I have no childish illusions of why players play for us, although many of them have grown to live our fan base, the way our team has played and the achievements they have shared while with us.

Honestly mate Im not trying to say its a lofty opinion cos I've worked in the industry 17 years and yes I still have a lot of contacts in the game who I still occasionally speak to  (and some I wouldn't want to) but  you know the set up under this buffoon of a chairman  it'll be free signings at the bottom of the football pyramid who are scrattin about looking for a club (its better than working in the real world)  to loan signings who can't get anywhere near their parent clubs first team. That, unfortunately, is where we are as a club.  In my experience most pro footballers will go where the most money is. Thats natural - its their living and I dont blame em for that one little bit.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, debram said:

Think he's going to the Blunts. 

Hmm, fair one then I suppose. Foderingham more than ample in champs. Thought they'd have stuck by him.

• Like 1

Being an old bloke who can't work out how to do it, can anyone help, I've been trying to put a you tube video on here showing Johanssons saves, it's 3 minutes and 37 seconds long and I can't believe some of the saves he makes, he's by far the best keeper in the Championship and probably some in the Premier league, Cooper and Patterson can't warm his gloves imo

Edited by Mighty Quinn

Nobody is getting on Beadles back but he isn't the long term answer for me. A rock solid keeper should be on the transfer radar imo no matter which division we end up in. 

Just watch that Blackburn goal again and tell me a good keeper doesn't save that. How many times has he given it away in dangerous areas. Defenders probably don't do him any favours at times to be fair either. 

I hope he plays like Gordon Banks for the last two games now!!

34 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Being an old bloke who can't work out how to do it, can anyone help, I've been trying to put a you tube video on here showing Johanssons saves, it's 3 minutes and 37 seconds long and I can't believe some of the saves he makes, he's by far the best keeper in the Championship and probably some in the Premier league, Cooper and Patterson can't warm his gloves imo

This one?

• Love 1