New Goalie for next season

12 hours ago, jp1981 said:

I wish we had players we could sell.

Would be good business if you get those fees.

To be fair that’s why we brought in the likes of Gassma and Musaba to develop them and probably sell them 

Nothing against this Johanssen but can't help but think that keepers at sides in the relegation zone always look a bit better than they are purely because the defence in front of them is so crap they have a load of shots to save. Easier to find a worldie for the highlights reel when you have so much practice. If they concede a load then the team/defence gets the blame unless they're making ricks left, right and centre. 

3 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

To be fair that’s why we brought in the likes of Gassma and Musaba to develop them and probably sell them 

I think we need DC to leave before we can sell any player for any sort of money.

4 hours ago, jp1981 said:

I forgot all about that. Any more?

Jack Hunt 

Could/should have sold one or two more, but we have sold players. A big problem has always been the age and fitness of the team when it’s come to realistically raising big funds. 

3 hours ago, Marro said:

Time for Dawson to move on. He's had more than a fair crack at it and is on decent wages.

We need better whatever division we are in. 

What kind of goalie do you get for those kind of wages though? I prefer him to Beadle, because he commands his box better, catches the ball more often, has very good reactions for close shots, penalties etc, but I think he struggles with confidence in the Championship, although when he has played this season we had a ridiculously poor set of constantly changing defensive lineups in front of him making lots of mistakes that led to goals. Beadle does not seem to interact with the rest of the team at all, which I don't think helps either. I agree that we need a better number one, but not sure where we will get one from without spending some money. The Rotherham guy looks a good option to me.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

What kind of goalie do you get for those kind of wages though? I prefer him to Beadle, because he commands his box better, catches the ball more often, has very good reactions for close shots, penalties etc, but I think he struggles with confidence in the Championship, although when he has played this season we had a ridiculously poor set of constantly changing defensive lineups in front of him making lots of mistakes that led to goals. Beadle does not seem to interact with the rest of the team at all, which I don't think helps either. I agree that we need a better number one, but not sure where we will get one from without spending some money. The Rotherham guy looks a good option to me.

I doubt we can match his current deal so would he take a pay cut to be number one in league one? IMO he should but easier said than done at the same club. 

The thing is Mr P's J, when a manager is allowed to get involved and manages to talk to players he really wants, it can swing the right kind of player into coming. 

Unfortunately when DC and his trusted advisor are given a free hand, they can only use high wages as an incentive and those kinds of players only tend to do the business for a short time. Usually until things get bad, or their agent finds someone willing to pay a few dollars more (insert any high wage currency for dollars). 

On 19/04/2024 at 10:47, Bluesteel. said:

Best keeper in the Championship is probably Paterson with Cooper not far behind.

Johansson has a mistake in him 

Don’t know enough about Paterson  

But watch the highlights of our win against Leicester.  Cooper made 3 or 4 breathtaking saves and made them look ordinary.  He’s worth so many points to us.  

Im fairly sure he has never let in a goal from outside the box in open play in something like 100 games.  (There was one free kick that went I ) 

• Haha 1

On 17/04/2024 at 08:07, Beauchief Owl said:

Well Smudge and Icky were out of contract so maybe the keeper is too. Millers are are worse than us in tying players down to longer term contracts. 

Year left on his contract, £750,000 release in his contract 

One of the top 3 keepers in the division why anyone would think that he would choose us is beyond me 

Will not be short of offers from top end championship teams 

• Like 3

On 19/04/2024 at 11:05, Marc_Degryse said:

Nothing against this Johanssen but can't help but think that keepers at sides in the relegation zone always look a bit better than they are purely because the defence in front of them is so crap they have a load of shots to save. Easier to find a worldie for the highlights reel when you have so much practice. If they concede a load then the team/defence gets the blame unless they're making ricks left, right and centre. 

I been to several Rotherham games this season and Johannson (sp) has been Motm in most of them he's a terrific keeper but like most Championship Keepers, Cooper included, has the occasional rick in him 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Green Army said:

Don’t know enough about Paterson  

But watch the highlights of our win against Leicester.  Cooper made 3 or 4 breathtaking saves and made them look ordinary.  He’s worth so many points to us.  

Im fairly sure he has never let in a goal from outside the box in open play in something like 100 games.  (There was one free kick that went I ) 

Cooper is excellent but at the moment it’s Paterson that the PL teams seem to want first 

• Haha 1

On 20/04/2024 at 13:38, Green Army said:

He as now ....

• Haha 1