Important message from Danny Röhl

1 hour ago, owls-swfc said:

No ...

We should be allowed to boo passing out from the back when we lose the ball in the last 1/3 of the pitch when it should be cleared 

We have conceded so many goals and points this season (and last season iirc) due to this BLX.

We put ourselves under pressure and make mistakes .....I suggest hoof and let the mistakes be made in opposition half.  

I reserve my right to boo if we invite the opposition to our own demise .

Save your boo'ing till Christmas.

thumbnail_Panto 1 Paddy Jenkins, David Bedella & May McFettridge.jpg

1 hour ago, wilfsmith said:

Not a booer myself, but I was interested to see that the style of play suddenly changed after the second goal.
At goal kicks all four defenders would turn their backs to the keeper and walk away to the half way line. 
So who decided that it was now the better way to play? The keeper? The defenders? The captain? The coach?

With the background knowledge of how Norwich press, Whoever it was should have realised it was better not to play out from the start of the game. 

Isn't that precisely the reason teams try and play out from the back i.e. to encourage the opposition to press?

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Anyone who boo’ed a 19 year old loan keeper whose been a big part of our revival is generally a thick twohat 

Don’t like and have never booed, especially individual players.

Can understand more the general booing at half time and full time if the team have been lacklustre. Still never done that myself.

• Like 2

On 06/04/2024 at 20:12, markg said:

Apart from when Xisco handled it in the same way 

On 07/04/2024 at 18:29, quinnssweetshop said:

Totally agree !

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You should be BANNED then

binary 

49 minutes ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

When other teams have done their homework and press on our goal kicks, it rarely ends well. Our players haven’t got that coolness on the ball or the ability to make the right pass under pressure, they’ve shown it time and time again. 
Having said all that I’ve never booed a player in a Wednesday shirt. They are trying their best generally and if they aren’t good enough that’s not their fault, the manager is either making do or is responsible for putting them on the pitch.

Let’s hope they don’t mess about at the back and let’s get behind them for this run in.

I take all that you’re saying. It’s fair comment after all. He inherited an ageing squad that lacks quality. Some would say it’s madness to ask them to play in the way that they are doing but it’s a style that has put points on the board.

We’ve had setbacks but that trust the manager has in his players has invariably resulted in a spirited response. Bottom line is we’d be down now if it wasn’t for how Röhl has managed the squad and the situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I take all that you’re saying. It’s fair comment after all. He inherited an ageing squad that lacks quality. Some would say it’s madness to ask them to play in the way that they are doing but it’s a style that has put points on the board.

We’ve had setbacks but that trust the manager has in his players has invariably resulted in a spirited response. Bottom line is we’d be down now if it wasn’t for how Röhl has managed the squad and the situation.

It’s not madness to ask them to play out from the back, you have to see what they are capable of and sometimes it works, some teams don’t press as well or even try so it works. It’s madness in a match if they are being pressed hard and well and to keep doing it when it’s not working..

We saw it in the last game but Röhl saw it and had the courage to make 4 changes and changed the style, he was pragmatic and I praise him for that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Never booed a Wednesday player or team and never will. 

Absolutely, it's counter productive. I can't understand why  supporters would want to boo a player. It's counter productive (I know I've just said that) and, if I'm honest, just nasty. 

• Like 3

Why would you boo your own team?

I'm pretty sure it won't improve their confidence or their performance.

Would you boo your child if they let themselves down in an egg and spoon race?

Boo the owner, boo the ref, boo yourself if you like, but I'd do as Danny has asked, and get behind the team, and not in their faces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think anyone who Boos should themselves be booed, and to let players know who's booing who,

we should hold up blue or white cards to let them know.

Coloured cards can be found at any good retail outlet.

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

It worked though. Not that I booed but just playing booers advocate. 

Are we allowed to shout, you are rubbish instead?

What are DR's thought on cheering the home and away team, would this help the players?lol

13 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

What's your point you daft tvvat... Quoting me in a thread I haven't even commented on? 

A mere mistake  but thanks for the pleasant approach to the matter. Xxxxxx

• Haha 1

As a rule I don’t boo players and don’t think it’s the right thing to do. However if you want to boo then you pays your money and takes your choice.  No problem with that. I believe in freedom of speech.

I’ve followed the owls since 1978

I think I booed Bothroyd for being Bothroyd.
I also think I booed Atherton when, if I recall correctly (which is increasingly rare these days), he was captain when we were relegated and stated that he would have to leave if we were relegated before we were actually relegated  despite being one of the reasons we were ultimately relegated. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1