Simon Jordan....

Well he would have to get in the queue behind all the others wanting to take us over, according to some on here.

But hopefully he has connections and people may listen to him, so can only be a good thing. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Simon Jordan loves Wednesday.

He’ll never admit it as such, but it’s a club that he’s drawn towards.

Isn’t his wife/family Wednesdayites  May be wrong on that but there is some kind of link. 

2 hours ago, SHUowl said:

Admittedly they did. But, it seems they learned repositioned and ultimately he left them in a better place. 

Someone with that kind of experience would be beneficial compared even with a random Billionaire with no clue what they're doing.

I think with someone like Jordan, we'd end up a mid table balanced championship club. It's not exciting, it's probably more boring, but jeez I wouldn't mind a little boring for a while.

How could he have left them in a better place. He left when the administrators moved in. They then went on and sold the best players for next to nothing.

• Like 2

We really need someone like him to rescue us from the mess that we are in. Be in short term like Milan Mandaric to sell us on at a profit, or long term by bringing a consirtium to the table.

• Like 1

Said he’s perplexed why we haven’t had success this last 25 years

Completely agree with him. Every other big to mid sized club has had their slice of success in the last quarter of a century but we’ve had zilch. Despite all that and despite looking at yet another relegation to the pub league, we had over 28k In Hillsborough last night. Phenomenal support 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Here is a link to what he said, i would encourage all Wednesday fans to take 4 minutes to listen to this.   

If anything,  this chat and his book coming out will be good publicity as the more people talking about Wednesday being a good team to buy, the better.

Interesting that mate. Cheers for posting.

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

"If I was going to take over a football club I would look at Sheffield Wednesday"

No such thing as bad publicity....

Bags of potential.

Biggest under achievers in football.

• Like 3

I’ve got a lot of time for Jordan, talks a lot of sense. Also when that scouse journalist wrongly tried to say Newcastle fans were in danger of being crushed on the lep, Jordan was the only one prepared to give the honest answer that it was a non story and the only fact it was getting coverage was because it was hillsborough.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tyto Alba said:

We are still one of the great classic football clubs.  It is tragic what has happened to us, but in terms of our brand, history and support we are world class.

Yep we are sleeping giant in my view and Simon Jordan's too who is a neutral.   

I know this debate has been done to death on here about how big a club we are, or could be.  People often cite the attendances in the mid to late 90's being "only" 20-25K.   i would argue a reason behind that was the drop in progression/quality/feel good factor from the early 90's team.  Our average attendances in league 1 were similar if not more, compared to clubs like Leeds, Southampton, Leicester and Forest who have been at that level in recent years.   

Also football has come a long way in the past 25 years in terms of who wants to attend football matches.  You only have to look at some of our attendances at home to the likes of Wycombe and Posh in league 1,  and trips to Millennium stadium and Wembley to see what fanbase is interested.  One report said we had 46K for Wembley last summer and there were more fans wanting tickets.  

It's so frustrating to know the club we could be,  being managed so poorly by the current ownership.     

Please sell the club Chansiri,  if you love it so much, let someone else have a go at managing it back to where it should be.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yep we are sleeping giant in my view and Simon Jordan's too who is a neutral.   

I know this debate has been done to death on here about how big a club we are, or could be.  People often cite the attendances in the mid to late 90's being "only" 20-25K.   i would argue a reason behind that was the drop in progression/quality/feel good factor from the early 90's team.  Our average attendances in league 1 were similar if not more, compared to clubs like Leeds, Southampton, Leicester and Forest who have been at that level in recent years.   

Also football has come a long way in the past 25 years in terms of who wants to attend football matches.  You only have to look at some of our attendances at home to the likes of Wycombe and Posh in league 1,  and trips to Millennium stadium and Wembley to see what fanbase is interested.  One report said we had 46K for Wembley last summer and there were more fans wanting tickets.  

It's so frustrating to know the club we could be,  being managed so poorly by the current ownership.     

Please sell the club Chansiri,  if you love it so much, let someone else have a go at managing it back to where it should be.  

Not sure he loves it so much as his money and reputation with his family.

4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

re locating to Hull apparently

Odd place for him to go to, thought he was a big city player, think hes quite wealthy but not enough to buy out Chansiri unfortunately, think he took some big hits at Palace too so wont make that mistake again.

6 hours ago, Worthing_owl said:

What  happened to his money?

He spent it all on Palace.

Banking crisis and some poor investments I think.  He bank rolled a film at a similar time to Palace which crashed.

He may not have the required funds but would be a great member of a consortium.