Simon Jordan....

3 hours ago, Django said:

Had a soft spot for him ever since he stuck the boot into Wilder the other year 

Can't remember this. What was it about? Was it when he threw the gk under the bus in a post match interview?

6 hours ago, Worthing_owl said:

What  happened to his money?

Crystal Palace happened.

After he sold a mobile phone/telecoms firm he started up, for £110million.

He often talks about us on TalkSport, mentions us at least once a fortnight in terms of his favourite northern club, stuff like "a proper football club" etc.

4 hours ago, Django said:

Had a soft spot for him ever since he stuck the boot into Wilder the other year 

Heard him saying similar this year, he really doesn't like wilder.

Just now, Screen Door Slams said:

The comment about our boardrom back in the day being full of antiquated old farts and having a CEO who could put a glass eye to sleep made me chuckle.

So true though.

7 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

I'd take him any day of the week but it wouldn't be a love in sort of ride. He's pretty clued up about football, very hard nosed and stubborn though. I'm sure fans would get frustrated with him. Compared to Channers it'd be superb for the prospects of the club in terms of growth and stability. 

Newcastle fans were fed up with stubborn Mike Ashley. For me, he’s exactly what we need, including a hard nosed business sense. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ponte_Owl85 said:

Can't remember this. What was it about? Was it when he threw the gk under the bus in a post match interview?

It was more down to the fact that he loiters around clubs when the existing manager is still in place. He did it to Warnock at Boro and he did the same to his old pal Heckingbottom at dem blades 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Londoner1867 said:

He’s talking about a hypothetical situation here, he doesn’t have the money any longer to own a football club, he’s saying IF, as in what he would do if he could, or what he’d recommend to somebody 

While he doesn't have the money personally, he'll  surely have the contacts, wouldn't it be bloody great if he could put together a consortium that would takeover Wednesday and with his know how move the club forward.

We can but dream.

• Like 2

He was recently asked on Talksport if he fancied buying a football club his answer was

If you want to see your money disappearing from your bank account at a ridiculous rate buy a football club

6 minutes ago, darra said:

He was recently asked on Talksport if he fancied buying a football club his answer was

If you want to see your money disappearing from your bank account at a ridiculous rate buy a football club

When he was asked about buying another football club today he said “no, unless it’s with someone else’s money”.   I think he would enjoy being the CEO or advisor.  

• Like 1