Man of the Match & Player Ratings vs QPR (A)

Man of the Match & Player Ratings vs QPR (A)  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match?

• Beadle
    • Iorfa
    • Iheikwe
    • B. Diaby
    • Famewo
    • Palmer
    • Bannan
    • Poveda
    • Windass
    • Ugbo
    • Smith
    • Gassama
    • Musaba
    • Paterson
    • Valentín
    • Pedersen

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/04/24 at 14:35

Diaby was very good and gassama for the goal and assist was up there with him but bannan got my vote ....thought he was outstanding in his  captaincy ,he never ever stopped cajoling ,rallying  encouraging and  his side  responded ... if these are the embers of his career here he's  certainly going out fighting .

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Diaby was very good and gassama for the goal and assist was up there with him but bannan got my vote ....thought he was outstanding in his  captaincy ,he never ever stopped cajoling ,rallying  encouraging and  his side  responded ... if these are the embers of his career here he's  certainly going out fighting .

I would bet good money Bannan will be here next season, whatever league we are in.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Beadle    -    7.5    Looked assured in everything he did.....fair play to the lad.

Iorfa    -    6    OK............looked a bit subdued , probably prefers playing in the middle.

Diaby    -    7    Still beaten too easily at times but battled manfully today , often when left isolated.

Ihiekwe    -    6    Have to disagree with Holmowl here , thought he was a bit lackadaisical today.

Famewo    -    5.5    Gave the ball away far too much, nice comedy cross in first half.

Palmer    -    6.5    Neat and tidy but always took the safe option which helped.

Bannan    -    7    Bit of a mixed bag , but did well overall.

Poveda    -    7    Was looking very sharp , just our luck that the x factor player we have been waiting for cops for the dreaded hamstring.

Windass    -    4    Poor decision making and the worst miss in my 50 plus years watching us...will go down in folklore.

Ugbo    -    5    Never got into it . but he shouldn`t be out wide.

Smith    -    5    Any bright moments are barely worth the sheer number of times moves break down when he is involved....gets an extra point for 3 things....a slightly better second half........the comedy fall in the 1st half with no-one near him that had me checking for a sniper.....and the "cheeky" backheel that in his own mind channelled the ghost of Stan Bowles but in reality went straight to a defender.

Gassama    -    8    Difference maker , great assist and great skill to create chance and the backbone to put in the challenge that led to the rebound...can think of many that wouldn`t have bothered with that challenge.

Musaba    -    6    Barely figured but nice finish.

Pedersen    -    6    One crucial challenge.

Valentin    -    N/A

Paterson    -    5    Nice to see him back but good grief he has been no stranger to the desert trolley in his absence  :biggrin:

OVERALL

Though the ratings may not suggest it we were the better side , albeit against a very poor QPR and it keeps us alive so well done all.

Still have misgivings about some of the selections but it`s pointless discussing Gregory , James etc as they are quite clearly not in DR`s plans.....on to a toughie tuesday.....would take a point.

These ratings indicate that QPR were very poor and few of our players had a decent match so great pleasure in winning but is the euphoria about we are staying up on the strength of this justified? Poveda seems to have been the second best player…though only playing half an hour…oh dear 

Beadle: 7

Iorfa: 7

Ihiekwe: 7

Bambo: 7

Famewo: 7

Palmer: 7

Bannan: 7

Poveda: 8

Windass: 6

Ugbo: 7

Smith: 8 MOM best game he’s had this season

Gassama: 8

Musaba: 7

Paterson: 6

Valentín: 6

Pederson: 6

• Like 2

I thought it was a good team performance. We defended very well and thoroughly deserved the points. The goal at the end was sheer class.

Beadle 7 did ok but not much to do. Did he get a hand to the one that hit the bar?

Iorfa 7 he’s a beast. Whether at right back or centre back, he has to be in the team.

B. Diaby 7.5 after a scary first ten minutes or so, he was excellent. Dealt with Armstrong’s threat very well overall.

Ihiekwe 7 solid

Famewo 6 the one negative for me. He simply isn’t a left back. 
Palmer 7 did well to wrestle control of the midfield 

Bannan 7 as above 

Poveda 6 was doing well till his injury. I’m starting to get a bit annoyed with these niggles though so I’ve knocked him down a point. Stretch before the games and they might not happen 

Windass 6 it’s great to have him back but not everything went for him. Missed an absolute sitter as well. We play better with Josh in the side though 

Ugbo 7 he did well. He’s better up top but worked hard and some good touches.

Smith 7 he had a good game. Brought others into it and some lovely touches. Should have started far more games than he has

Gassama 8 this was good Gass. Worked hard off the ball and scared the life out of them. Should have had a penalty as well as the goal and assist 

Musaba 7 though he was quiet but an excellent finish at the end

Paterson 7 he’s an important player and I’m so glad he’s back. Had a hand in the goal

Valentin 6 part of the packed defence for the last 10 minutes but struggled with Chair a bit

Pedersen 7 got in some vital blocks. Hopefully we can see the player from a couple of seasons ago because he’s a miles better lb than good old Akin.

Röhl 8 credit where it’s due. I slaughtered him on Monday and I thought he’d got it wrong again today. He really has been a breath of fresh air

Ref 5 awful as usual but at least he was incompetent for both sides. Both teams could have had penalties 

Finally, if we fight like that for the rest of the season, we may just may, actually survive.

Edited by Owlabroad2001
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

I thought it was a good team performance. We defended very well and thoroughly deserved the points. The goal at the end was sheer class.

Beadle 7 did ok but not much to do. Did he get a hand to the one that hit the bar?

Iorfa 7 he’s a beast. Whether at right back or centre back, he has to be in the team.

B. Diaby 7.5 after a scary first ten minutes or so, he was excellent. Dealt with Armstrong’s threat very well overall.

Ihiekwe 7 solid

Famewo 6 the one negative for me. He simply isn’t a left back. 
Palmer 7 did well to wrestle control of the midfield 

Bannan 7 as above 

Poveda 6 was doing well till his injury. I’m starting to get a bit annoyed with these niggles though so I’ve knocked him down a point. Stretch before the games and they might not happen 

Windass 6 it’s great to have him back but not everything went for him. Missed an absolute sitter as well. We play better with Josh in the side though 

Ugbo 7 he did well. He’s better up top but worked hard and some good touches.

Smith 7 he had a good game. Brought others into it and some lovely touches. Should have started far more games than he has

Gassama 8 this was good Gass. Worked hard off the ball and scared the life out of them. Should have had a penalty as well as the goal and assist 

Musaba 7 though he was quiet but an excellent finish at the end

Paterson 7 he’s an important player and I’m so glad he’s back. Had a hand in the goal

Valentin 6 part of the packed defence for the last 10 minutes but struggled with Chair a bit

Pedersen 7 got in some vital blocks. Hopefully we can see the player from a couple of seasons ago because he’s a miles better lb than good old Akin.

Röhl 8 credit where it’s due. I slaughtered him on Monday and I thought he’d got it wrong again today. He really has been a breath of fresh air

Ref 5 awful as usual but at least he was incompetent for both sides. Both teams could have had penalties 

Finally, if we fight like that for the rest of the season, we may just may, actually survive.

Thought I’d put a 5 for Famewo instead of a 6. Let’s give him 5.5 then. 

• Like 1

Johnson for me...

He wasn't there...

Every player tried their utmost

Sorted

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I never thought would be voting for Bambi but was pure beast mode today, must be a mare to play against (when not gifting goals). 

Critical win but will mean nowt if we don't back up against Norwich. 

Don't rate Smith but led the line pretty well. Gutted for Poveda - think that's him done. 

Need Gassama and Musaba to keep foot on gas till end of season. Gassama was electric today when he came on

A change in tactics today a lot less messing around at the back and all of the players put a shift in.

Beadle.  7.5.   Confident keeping and a couple of good saves.

Iorfa.  6.5.  Used his pace to good effect.

Diaby.  7.5.  His pace and physicality were vital for us today against the equally fast and strong Armstrong.

Ihekwie.  6.   Did OK

Famewo.  6.   Left hand side looked better defensively than it has recently.

Poveda.  7.   I felt sick when he pulled up, such a joy to watch but also effective. The ball to Windass was a beauty.

Palmer.  6.5.  Almost a hybred role of holding midfield and slotting into a back 3, I thought he did well.

Bannan.  7.   Had to put a big shift in central midfield, made a lot of challenges and tackles.

Windass.  5   I like his movement but he played poorly today and what a miss.

Smith.  6.  Worked hard a have us the option of an out ball.

Ugbo.  5.5.   Worked hard right across the front line.

Gazzama.   8.   MoM.    Was exceptional when he came on, deserved his goal and a lovely pass to Musaba for our second.

• Like 1

8 - Gassama

7 - Bambo, Bannan, Ihiekwe

5 - Famewo, Smith

4 - Windass

6 - Everyone else 

Big big win.

Finally Röhl reverts back to the tried and tested tactics, defend well with no mistakes and look to our star players to produce a moment of quality. 

Cagey game for the most part, I felt we limited them to half chances and looked to threaten on the counter. Bambo had their strikers number all game, perhaps his best performance of the season, he’s so good in 1on1 situations fast & strong. Bannan also put a shift in, I read a stat he made the most tackles & passes in the game and certainly came across like he had a point to prove, captains performance.

Gassama the stand out, I’ve said it before but if we can get some 8 and 9’s from him or Musaba we’ll stay up. Two moments of quality from him for both goals and always threatened going forward. Right call from Röhl not to start him or Musaba though as I feel they can stifle eachother and don’t always match the defensive effort required, especially away from home. But he was the game changer today, huge performance. 

The only downside for me was Windass, looked so rusty, wasteful and of sync with everyone else…exactly how you’d expect somebody to play who’s been injured for 10? Weeks. That miss also…could have been so costly one of the worst I’ve seen in a long time. We cannot afford for players to put in performances like that in these final games, if it had been Wilks he’d be getting hounded out.

• Like 1

What a different performance that was from the embarrassment at Boro.

Well done DR for stripping out the lazy and uninterested and going with players that just seemed a little more bothered than of late. We need big hearts if we're going to survive.

We were tighter, simpler and played more as a team, didn't notice much bickering between players, even when we were second best, which was a feature at Boro.

Beadle: 7.5

Some good saves and much better short/long pass decision making, my sphincter was left largely intact.

Did fine, would like have seen more of his runs up the pitch, love those.

Solid as ever

Bambo: 8

A different player than of late, used his strength very cleverly, pushed it to the limit at times but got away with it. 

Worked hard, defended well and tried to get forward. Hasn't got Marv's left foot to cross, but God does love a trier.

Palmer: 7.5

I do think he brings a calmness and a togetherness to the team when he plays in midfield. I can't put my finger on it but when Vaulks is there it all seems a bit more frantic and desperate. Maybe he's lucky with the quality of the opposition.

Bannan: 7.5

His creativity seems to have dipped, but his snappy defending was excellent, played very deep.

What a beautiful little dizzy bug of a player he is, so in control of the ball - it's like he sees the game in slow motion. Don't understand why Leeds don't want him, can only think it's the haircut. I assume we won't see him again this season or ever, which makes me sad.

Windass: 5

Less than impressive comeback, showed his greedy side and not much else, apart from the miss of the century, good grief.

Ugbo: 7.5

Would have preferred him up front but he did really well, looked assured on the ball but played very deep at times. He looks like a good all-rounder.

Smith: 7.5

What an improvement, right from the off. It's the best I've seen him play for ages. He got involved, worked hard, held the ball up well, linked up well, fell over brilliantly.

Lovely silky skills, has certainly overtaken Musaba. Lovely goal, he deserved the luck, and a perfect cross for the second (I know, we scored two!)

Don't remember anything other than the goal tbh, which he put away well.

Paterson: 7

Great to see him back, not a lot to report other than his very manly backside.

Pederson: 3

Dreadful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Willie Henderson said:

Well done DR for stripping out the lazy and uninterested and going with players that just seemed a little more bothered than of late. We need big hearts if we're going to survive.

We were tighter, simpler and played more as a team, didn't notice much bickering between players, even when we were second best, which was a feature at Boro.

Some good saves and much better short/long pass decision making, my sphincter was left largely intact.

Solid as ever

A different player than of late, used his strength very cleverly, pushed it to the limit at times but got away with it. 

Worked hard, defended well and tried to get forward. Hasn't got Marv's left foot to cross, but God does love a trier.

I do think he brings a calmness and a togetherness to the team when he plays in midfield. I can't put my finger on it but when Vaulks is there it all seems a bit more frantic and desperate. Maybe he's lucky with the quality of the opposition.

His creativity seems to have dipped, but his snappy defending was excellent, played very deep.

What a beautiful little dizzy bug of a player he is, so in control of the ball - it's like he sees the game in slow motion. Don't understand why Leeds don't want him, can only think it's the haircut. I assume we won't see him again this season or ever, which makes me sad.

Less than impressive comeback, showed his greedy side and not much else, apart from the miss of the century, good grief.

Would have preferred him up front but he did really well, looked assured on the ball but played very deep at times. He looks like a good all-rounder.

What an improvement, right from the off. It's the best I've seen him play for ages. He got involved, worked hard, held the ball up well, linked up well, fell over brilliantly.

Lovely silky skills, has certainly overtaken Musaba. Lovely goal, he deserved the luck, and a perfect cross for the second (I know, we scored two!)

Dreadful.

Spot on, exactly my thoughts on each player except Pederson who I would have given him a 6...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

Solid as ever

Dreadful.

What did Pederson do that was dreadful?

Gassama no question for me, and a big mention for Bambo who was excellent in containing a very lively and powerful Sinclair. Goal scoring is our problem so goal scorers and goal creators are gold - he might just help keep us up. Gutted Poveda got injured - he looked ace once again. Please God find a way for us to sign him (and make his leg better quickly).

• Like 2