Man of the Match & Player Ratings vs QPR (A)

Man of the Match & Player Ratings vs QPR (A)  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match?

• Beadle
    • Iorfa
    • Iheikwe
    • B. Diaby
    • Famewo
    • Palmer
    • Bannan
    • Poveda
    • Windass
    • Ugbo
    • Smith
    • Gassama
    • Musaba
    • Paterson
    • Valentín
    • Pedersen

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/04/24 at 14:35

23 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

What did Pederson do that was dreadful?

He wasn't on long, but from memory, he gave the ball away once, kicked it straight out of play once and got horribly skinned for pace once. Maybe I'm not being too harsh, it was a brief cameo.

Diabys tussle with Armstrong was a worry and I always felt that at some point he was going to get the better of Diaby but he didn’t so fair play to the big lad, it was also worrying the amount of times Diaby was isolated with him.

fabulous away performance and gives us hope 

Got to echo @torryowl

Bannan didn't give the best player performance but it was a complete Captain's performance.

He's a big part of the glue that's holding us together at critical times.

I know that plenty say he's on big money etc but he earns every penny. Unlike Wilks.

3 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Diaby stood out like the Colossus at the ancient port of Rhodes. He's getting better and fitter. Long may it continue  9.5 from me.

Not to be confused with the colossal twonk that was Jordan.

• Haha 1

Only 10 sets of ratings so far, any more of you out there?

Scores so far are:

Beadle: 7.3

Iorfa: 6.7

Ihiekwe: 6.9

Bambo: 7.8

Famewo: 6.3

Palmer: 6.9

Bannan: 7.5

Poveda: 7.1

Windass: 5.1

Ugbo: 6.4

Smith: 6.6

Gassama: 8.2

Musaba: 6.8

Paterson: 6.4

Valentín: 6.3

Pederson: 6.0

• Like 1

I wasn’t there but at last we got a tremendous , battling , fighting performance away from home and we did not start off with the view that by attacking we can beat anybody. The amount of passion released by our first win since beating Bristol C, Rotherham and Plymouth on the spin was obvious but QPR hit the underside iof the bar and our key first goal was a lucky rebound. We did not create that goal. It’s still desperate and let’s hope we can do a job on Norwich and Stoke. Euphoria is premature and has to be controlled! 

• Haha 1

On 06/04/2024 at 17:46, andypandy said:

I also think Windass deserves a mention for his goal line clearance !

I cannot say this enough the fact he missed speak volumes about his match sharpness and the fact we have people knocking him for missing speaks volumes about some SWFC football knowledge. 

I will knock Windass for the cross field ball he did to Poveda, QPR is a narrow pitch and suits balls and quick passing along the floor and runners into space from players who have good close control with good feet (Poveda,Gassama,Bannan)

I will blame Windass for the fact Poveda is now probs done for the season let alone him probs having first hand knowledge that certain players (Poveda) took part with some type of niggle, anyone with half a brain could see he moves nowhere near like he did when he first arrived.

You even could see Bannan having a go for it

3 hours ago, OWLS1867OWLS said:

I cannot say this enough the fact he missed speak volumes about his match sharpness and the fact we have people knocking him for missing speaks volumes about some SWFC football knowledge. 

I will knock Windass for the cross field ball he did to Poveda, QPR is a narrow pitch and suits balls and quick passing along the floor and runners into space from players who have good close control with good feet (Poveda,Gassama,Bannan)

I will blame Windass for the fact Poveda is now probs done for the season let alone him probs having first hand knowledge that certain players (Poveda) took part with some type of niggle, anyone with half a brain could see he moves nowhere near like he did when he first arrived.

You even could see Bannan having a go for it

it says something about how much you ought to think about your team mates rather than just doing what comes naturally

Edited by victorturner
typo

Thanks @Andrew_Owl and @royalowlisback for the extra ratings, that means the final reckoning is:

SWFC vs QPR, 6th April 2024

Beadle: 7.2

Iorfa: 6.6

Ihiekwe: 7.0

Bambo: 7.9

Famewo: 6.4

Palmer: 7.0

Bannan: 7.6

Poveda: 7.0

Windass: 5.2

Ugbo: 6.3

Smith: 6.8