The last remaining Chansiri supporters should read this

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Danny Röhl on the situation he's in at SWFC: 

'As an example we have two grass pitches, but then we have to react to night frost and a failing undersoil heating"

"Sheffield Wednesday has a very slim structure: It's the chairman, who is also the owner of the club, and then there's me. All decisions are made between the two of us. I'm involved in all transfers, all contract extensions, booking hotels. I have to sign off on it all. This short chain of command is, on the one hand, good to get things done quickly; but it's a lot of work"

That's just a small tiny fraction of the conditions Röhl is forced to work under at our club

Honestly if you STILL back the current custodian of this football club then I can no explain your approach to it other than you've been misled by other fans, you've not seen the truth, or you are just unwilling to even after being presented with the facts.

It doesn't have to be this way

Chansiri OUT (and the sooner the better)

Compare that to a real example of the structure of a major football club 

image.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

'As an example we have two grass pitches, but then we have to react to night frost and a failing undersoil heating"

"Sheffield Wednesday has a very slim structure: It's the chairman, who is also the owner of the club, and then there's me. All decisions are made between the two of us. I'm involved in all transfers, all contract extensions, booking hotels. I have to sign off on it all. This short chain of command is, on the one hand, good to get things done quickly; but it's a lot of work"

That's just a small tiny fraction of the conditions Röhl is forced to work under at our club

Honestly if you STILL back the current custodian of this football club then I can no explain your approach to it other than you've been misled by other fans, you've not seen the truth, or you are just unwilling to even after being presented with the facts.

This is taken from the same interview too.

Interviewer:

Are you going to stay at Sheffield Wednesday regardless of your divisional status?’

Danny Röhl:

‘Until May 5 and at the moment I’m fully focused on the current season, so it ends the way we want it to. Then we’ll sit down and assess the situation.’

After reading that interview it doesn’t sound like Röhl sees himself at Wednesday for the long term 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, pat blondeau said:

Interviewer:

Are you going to stay at Sheffield Wednesday regardless of your divisional status?’

Danny Röhl:

‘Until May 5 and at the moment I’m fully focused on the current season, so it ends the way we want it to. Then we’ll sit down and assess the situation.’

After reading that interview it doesn’t sound like Röhl sees himself at Wednesday for the long term 

Agreed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

42 minutes ago, Miffed said:

It’s there…. It’s right there in black and white, plain to see…

This club is not set up to succeed 

And yet some people are so blind that they can’t see it,

Given the budget of the club, and the penny pinching in ever area of its administration , it highlights just how much we overpay players. Now wonder some love it here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

For us, the clock pretty much stopped in 1996.

Really hits home when you see that.

Trapped in the amber for almost 30 years whilst other clubs go into admin, lose their grounds, drop into the fourth division yet still manage to eventually overtake us.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Change can't come about fast enough.

• Like 2

Röhl has made mistakes, yes, but how can anyone think sheffield Wednesday are run competently?

The structure of just Chansiri and Röhl signing off on everything is non league standard.

Off the pitch we are atrociously ran.

All by a man who charges us the most, expects the most, and provided the least

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Those thinking Röhl is making excuses are avoiding the point this discussion is about. There are plenty of threads to discuss the tactics, formation, etc yesterday. The main point is that Ipswich are where they are due to sound investment and a clear plan. We don't have a plan. Chansiri had a plan, and it blew up in his face. There was no back-up and still isn't one. He needs to go as he is not willing to invest. Is he just propping us up in the hope of a miracle?

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Agree 100%

• Like 3

As usual after a defeat and obviously in this case a big one, there is a meltdown of sorts. 

Usually the manager is the target for this and for some he has been. The mantra being this is what he did, this is what he should’ve done, acts like this should be brought to the attention of the world and utterly, utterly CONDEMNED.

Thing is the man being lambasted from pillar to post has worked for the biggest club in Germany plus the German National Team so you’d think he knows what he’s doing. Most on here would take the Dog and Duck to the Roysl Oak and get totally out thought by the footballing mastermind that is Steve Bracknall.

As I’ve said a few times we should be where Rotherham are but we aren’t because of our current manager who is currently managing the professional version of the Dog and Duck and despite some days like yesterday very well too.

Every Now and Then a Manager turns up and transforms a football club and that manager defines that club’s history. Shankly at Liverpool, Sir Matt at Man Utd, Revie at Leeds, Nicholson at Spurs, Cloughie at both Derby and Forest and to a lesser extent, Big Ron here and Bassett across the City.

We currently have in place potentially one of those managers and what he simply highlighted yesterday was what we need to make the progress he obviously feels we can make. Many have read it as message to the chairman and some ways it probably is but it could easily be a message to the parties out there who are interested in a buying a football club?

Thing is the focus now as to be on the last 8 games and trying to secure our championship future. We succeed in doing this and then the fun will begin.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Just now, Jim said:

Every Now and Then a Manager turns up and transforms a football club and that manager defines that club’s history. Shankly at Liverpool, Sir Matt at Man Utd, Revie at Leeds, Nicholson at Spurs, Cloughie at both Derby and Forest and to a lesser extent, Big Ron here and Bassett across the City. 

Garry Monk at SWFC

lol

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

The simple think is, people just don’t want to see what’s starring them in the face.

It’s easier to bury your head in the sand, than really look at the way the club is being run.

The 1867 group still get battered for wanting better, we should be getting better.

9 years of DC and some still think he is doing a decent job, everyone knows the list of things we’ve ‘achieved’ under his watch, yet still that’s not enough people that blindly support him.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Interviewer:

Danny Röhl:

he will have seen just how pathetically the club is run and what a clueless dangerous man Chansiri is and he will leave one way or another at the end of the season. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Doesn't Röhl have a secretary to book hotels, do the general administration work etc?

Sounds like Rohls role is similar to how managers used to be 30 years ago.

He forgot to mention about cleaning all the boots and washing kit 😆

• Haha 1

I bet dealing with Chansiri on everything is painful…taking to a guy that doesn’t understand the basics of the sport, the people, the industry, etc. and knowing full well he holds the only and final decision on everything. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JohnnyQuinnsQuiff said:

Should we inform the people who we’re upgrading to, before waving these magic wands? Otherwise they might not be too pleased waking up and finding they now own SWFC.

Let’s also hope that we’re all ‘wishing for’ the same upgrade as well, when we wave those wands. Otherwise it could be chaos!

Be CaReFuL WhAt YoU WiSh FoR