The last remaining Chansiri supporters should read this

I see only one positive in this: the fact that he, Röhl, is highlighting these areas indicates to me that he recognises he's the only one driving the clown car, and he's trying to fix these issues as well as doing his actual job of managing the team.

He shouldn't have to though. It's like having to learn plumbing because your landlord won't fix the pipes.

Someone like Chansiri should not be allowed to own a football club. His neglect of the physical infrastructure is baffling. He either has no clue what he's doing, or doesn't care, or both.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, vulva said:

I really like Röhl but that all smells of excuses. Awful team selection, awful performance. Take your medicine, learn from it and move on. 

Re the infrastructure; presume he did his due diligence before taking the job. 

39 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This is taken from weeks before the Ipswich game. 🤷‍♂️

Sorry chaps, you’ve fallen into the OP’s trap. A rationale discussion on Owlstalk that suggests reason & logic on the reality of our situation?!? Come on now, you know the OP won’t be able to comprehend that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Sorry chaps, you’ve fallen into the OP’s trap. A rationale discussion on Owlstalk that suggests reason & logic on the reality of our situation?!? Come on now, you know the OP won’t be able to comprehend that. 

Another really strange post

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, Miffed said:

It’s there…. It’s right there in black and white, plain to see…

This club is not set up to succeed 

And yet some people are so blind that they can’t see it,

Some people don’t want to or refuse to see.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Danny Röhl on the situation he's in at SWFC: 

'As an example we have two grass pitches, but then we have to react to night frost and a failing undersoil heating"

"Sheffield Wednesday has a very slim structure: It's the chairman, who is also the owner of the club, and then there's me. All decisions are made between the two of us. I'm involved in all transfers, all contract extensions, booking hotels. I have to sign off on it all. This short chain of command is, on the one hand, good to get things done quickly; but it's a lot of work"

That's just a small tiny fraction of the conditions Röhl is forced to work under at our club

Honestly if you STILL back the current custodian of this football club then I can no explain your approach to it other than you've been misled by other fans, you've not seen the truth, or you are just unwilling to even after being presented with the facts.

It doesn't have to be this way

Chansiri OUT (and the sooner the better)

Maybe I’m wrong, but I honestly don’t think there are that many fans who don’t want more investment, better infrastructure, a long term plan, etc.  and therefore I think most fans, if they could wave a magic wand and upgrade Chansiri for a decent owner, would opt for change.  I think these posts are just a little bit divisive but that’s just a personal thought.  

• Haha 5

43 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Doesn't Röhl have a secretary to book hotels, do the general administration work etc?

Sounds like Rohls role is similar to how managers used to be 30 years ago.

Clough did OK on that footing

2 hours ago, Sparkwell76 said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but I honestly don’t think there are that many fans who don’t want more investment, better infrastructure, a long term plan, etc.  and therefore I think most fans, if they could wave a magic wand and upgrade Chansiri for a decent owner, would opt for change.  I think these posts are just a little bit divisive but that’s just a personal thought.  

By your own logic they can't possibly be divisive if everyone's on the same hymnsheet

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

DR is in a pretty strong position making comments which Chansiri may regard as being critical of himself and basic insubordination. DR knows that he is highly regarded by the vast majority of the fan base and there would be an absolute outcry if DC removed him. Mind you, I wonder if Mowbray thought he was on solid ground when he was taking swipes at the Sunderland ownership. 

The other worry of course, is that DR has already decided, he wants out whatever happens this season. We’ve become used to pre-season upsets under our clueless owner. Imagine how annoying it would be, if DR does as I expect and keeps us up, only for DC to force him out during the summer when the supporters aren’t in the building. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

To be fair, this is only the tip of the iceberg.

When Chancer goes, the things that will come out will blow peoples minds.

They’ll be a good book or documentary to come out of all of this 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

By your own logic they're not divisive if everyone's on the same hymnsheet

I suppose my point is that the aim of the post isn’t really to bring people together is just to intimate that people are &€&holes if they support Chansiri.  Which is fine, I get it.  

2 minutes ago, Sparkwell76 said:

I suppose my point is that the aim of the post isn’t really to bring people together is just to intimate that people are &€&holes if they support Chansiri.  Which is fine, I get it.  

It really isn’t the aim at all

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Sparkwell76 said:

Should we inform the people who we’re upgrading to, before waving these magic wands? Otherwise they might not be too pleased waking up and finding they now own SWFC.

Let’s also hope that we’re all ‘wishing for’ the same upgrade as well, when we wave those wands. Otherwise it could be chaos!

3 minutes ago, Django said:

They’ll be a good book or documentary to come out of all of this 

I can see several books

Also under the cosh podcast will be great In years to come when the stories are told about this era 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop