More great publicity - Football crowds incident 'near miss'.

I remember the capacity of the away end being reduced after this 'event'. I think we appealed it and got 'some seats' back but not the full amount - anybody know the difference now with the pre-Newcastle game away end capacity - and the current one?

Probably won’t happen for quite a while for obvious reasons but we need to move to a brand new stadium IMO. Too

many problems and too much baggage surround our current home at the moment.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Probably won’t happen for quite a while for obvious reasons but we need to move to a brand new stadium IMO. Too

many problems and too much baggage surround our current home at the moment.

Agreed

It's one incident after another now

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

56 minutes ago, sibon said:

The Leeds game last week kicked off at 8.

The Leeds fans seemed to manage fine with steps, seats, booze and the evening time.

This is after the changes have taken place 

23 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Yes, the grapes were particularly sour on that night, which Newcastle lost. Funnily enough, nice to see a blunt councillor sticking his oar in !  

He's not a councillor, he's an officer. Councillors are elected. This chap isn't a politician and "sticking his oar in" about safety at sporting events is his job.

I reckon maybe we should listen to him given that people being injured or killed at Hillsborough is the LAST thing we need. I'm amazed that's a thing I even had to type.

In fact I'm bloody gobsmacked at the excuses some of you in this thread are making for Chansiri's shocking management of our stadium, just because this happened to away fans and not ours.

No one NEEDS to be injured for a crowd situation to be dangerous. It doesn't take much for a tight space to become a crush.

FFS.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I remember the capacity of the away end being reduced after this 'event'. I think we appealed it and got 'some seats' back but not the full amount - anybody know the difference now with the pre-Newcastle game away end capacity - and the current one?

Pre Newcastle was 4500, post was 3700, now back up to 4100 (for the Coventry game) but Leeds only got the 3869. 

They had a rotten night, there were loads of empty seats so what details are provided to justify a near miss?? and what is the definition of a near miss in this context anyway? A full safety assessment inquiry was carried out and major changes made post "Hillsborough". Those measures are in place.

I think its got more to do with it getting a bit fashionable to have a go at us given the past tragic event.

• Like 4

Don't get this  seen far worse away ends than ours. What is it with ours? 

Newcastle a case in point, steep and high up, even Ipswich away no room on their concourse  steps every where and iron girders etc. Nor saying they are dangerous but  why us.

9 minutes ago, Umeeksk said:

He's not a councillor, he's an officer. Councillors are elected. This chap isn't a politician and "sticking his oar in" about safety at sporting events is his job.

I reckon maybe we should listen to him given that people being injured or killed at Hillsborough is the LAST thing we need. I'm amazed that's a thing I even had to type.

In fact I'm bloody gobsmacked at the excuses some of you in this thread are making for Chansiri's shocking management of our stadium, just because this happened to away fans and not ours.

No one NEEDS to be injured for a crowd situation to be dangerous. It doesn't take much for a tight space to become a crush.

FFS.

THIS

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

If there was an away crowd of 100 in Leppings Lane and someone fell over and broke their arm, it would always be the curse of Hillsborough.

i am 62 and have watched Wednesday since the late 60’s but boy do we need to move to a new ground ASAP, or people on on here in their 30’s will in 30 years time when I am pushing up daisy’s, be starting and or reading the exact same thread as this !!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed

These incidents?

Theres one about the ground, thats a contentious issue anyway, cos mainly nowt happened bar a journalist making a buck.

The "Other" incidents were morons we will carry with us to any ground we choose mate

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed

As an "old" suporter of SWFC Can I just say "SWFC is Hillsborough and always should be". 

Thanks for listening. X

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Umeeksk said:

FFS.

To add a bit of background to the discussion here’s what the HSE say about near misses - they expect business to record their occurrence & learn from them…..

“Near misses are less severe than accidents. However, near misses should not be ignored or treated lightly, as they can provide valuable insight into how well you are managing health and safety in your workplace.

This record book will allow you to see if there are any patterns in when or how things go wrong. A pattern of near misses provides an early warning that something needs attention. It makes good business sense to be proactive and take action early when problems are likely to be less serious.

Near misses may seem trivial but they are a valuable source of information. Taking time to review the underlying causes is likely to reduce risk, improve health and safety, and save you time and money.”

• Like 2

Critical of stadium setup where nobody got injured and was just their fans been lazy and dumb 

Turn a blind eye to been owned by a state where people are killed for sexual preference 

Newcastle fans just behind the scousers as the most unlikable fans in the country 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Absolutely nothing happened at a football match between Sheffield Wednesday and Newcastle, a total of precisely nobody was harmed or injured.

National press brands Sheffield Wednesday "A Disgrace"

Appropriate punishment seems certain to follow.

• Thanks 1