More great publicity - Football crowds incident 'near miss'.

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

There was no one in danger at that match 

But there have been reports of overcrowding and it’s been obvious a few times this season that we’re having problems managing the crowd in that area. 

It’s shouldn’t have to come to someone being hurt for it to be a problem 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Miffed said:

But there have been reports of overcrowding and it’s been obvious a few times this season that we’re having problems managing the crowd in that area. 

It’s shouldn’t have to come to someone being hurt for it to be a problem 

Which games have had problems this season? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Critical of stadium setup where nobody got injured and was just their fans been lazy and dumb 

Turn a blind eye to been owned by a state where people are killed for sexual preference 

Newcastle fans just behind the scousers as the most unlikable fans in the country 

WHATABOUTERY 

Owlstalk Shop

55 minutes ago, swfcAH said:

What was the actual issue? The facilities, the structure or the stewarding?

We don't know. The report from more than 14 months ago reported that there were some minor adjustments.

!4 Months later a 'Near Miss' I assume risk to life. The report in the weeks after the incident reported no such thing.

Then up rocks one of Liverpool man on BEEB TV asks that the West stand be pulled down on the basis of the Liverpool/Hillsborough disaster.

No doubt I would love a new West Stand feature but is DC going to pay ...big ?  Our fans dipped into their pockets in order to rebuild.

We will have to see what the future holds.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, swfcAH said:

I saw two things mentioned 

1. Lack of stewards inside the ground

2. Fans being directed to the wrong turnstiles.

It’s difficult to comment about steward numbers and effectiveness unless you were on that end of the ground that night. However anyone familiar with the Leppings Lane end will know there are two sets of turnstiles. One with a bleeding great sign saying AWAY FANS and another set saying

HOME FANS. Are they illiterate or were they just too pissed to see straight that night.

You have to conclude that if they couldn’t read a huge sign saying AWAY FANS, there was no hope of them being able to fathom out something as complicated as a row and seat number.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

The only near misses at that game was the Newcastle fans who failed to find their seats and Chris Wood at the end to make it 2-2!

No story here.

Not the same game!

54 minutes ago, swfcAH said:

We don't know. The report from more than 14 months ago reported that there were some minor adjustments.

!4 Months later a 'Near Miss' I assume risk to life. The report in the weeks after the incident reported no such thing.

Then up rocks one of Liverpool man on BEEB TV asks that the West stand be pulled down on the basis of the Liverpool/Hillsborough disaster.

No doubt I would love a new West

This is when we need a Club Statement.

Address the findings. Whether you think they’re right or wrong.

Specify what changes have been made.

Address other incidents and say what other changes are being made to improve the safety of fans and the Stadium Matchday experience.

Or is it too expensive to do?

That stand should've been knocked down 30 years ago why is it still allowed to stand with it's reminder of that terrible day is an absolute mystery to me 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Which games have had problems this season? 

I can obviously only comment on what I’ve seen so one example would be the Coventry game.

This may have been the first time that the central tunnel was closed forcing fans to enter the stadium either side of the lower tier. It looked like there was an issue for a period where away fans were entering the stadium at the north end and congregating on the steps ( you could see empty seats visible in the middle of the stand) It appeared that there was an issue controlling that corner and there looked to be a commotion at one point and a number of stewards were called to that area. 

At the south stand end with home and away fans exiting in close proximity there were reports of fans throwing things at each other 

Again, it depends what you define as a problem. But there are clearly issues with that end, one section condemned. The upper capacity ridiculously reduced. The concourses too narrow. Now it looks like the central tunnel is problematic. 

Lets be honest the current owner of our stadium has done absolutely zero improvements to a stadium which needs serious maintenance.Thereby the safety of the stadium is compromised by his in actions.

Another reason in a long list of why he should go.

• Like 8

Hopefully nothing comes of this and it’s a non-story, but you have to ask why this type of story keeps coming out about our stadium…….And it’s lazy just to blame Liverpool supporters.

Structurally the stand hasn't changed since the disaster, and I’m struggling to think of many stadiums where you have a big, sloping tunnel in the middle of a stand as an entrance / exit which causes a bottleneck at each end. 

• Love 1

I find it more bizarre that mention of a new, state of the art stadium triggers most of the older generation into complete melt down.  That's one reason why we'll still be at the Old Lady way past 2030 and it will get worse. Trees are now growing out of the roof of the North. Same as Old Trafford, it become uneconomical to try to "upgrade" some old structures. 

• Like 3