More great publicity - Football crowds incident 'near miss'.

I don't get the "New Stadium" stuff....All you have to do is sit on a sodding seat and howl the team on...waddya want "Reclining seats" at half time.

Yes the ground has a history, with that, so does Sheffield Wednesday..It isn't going anwhere it will always be related to the club.

The main point of contention we have, is moronic supporters, all you do by changing the ground is take them with you...If you're a racist, the sodding decor isn't going to make you change yer stupid opinion, simply moves your idiocy to a different place.

Hillsboroughs dated?

All you have to do is sit down and howl the team on, not f.ookin' "Tut" at the odd cobweb on The South....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Umeeksk said:

He's not a councillor, he's an officer. Councillors are elected. This chap isn't a politician and "sticking his oar in" about safety at sporting events is his job.

I reckon maybe we should listen to him given that people being injured or killed at Hillsborough is the LAST thing we need. I'm amazed that's a thing I even had to type.

In fact I'm bloody gobsmacked at the excuses some of you in this thread are making for Chansiri's shocking management of our stadium, just because this happened to away fans and not ours.

No one NEEDS to be injured for a crowd situation to be dangerous. It doesn't take much for a tight space to become a crush.

FFS.

Right there on the button, taken him just over a year to reach a completely different conclusion than the one arrived at in the following week or two. 

The thing that still makes my blood boil was all the "celebs" on twitter in the immediate aftermath.

Kelly Cates writing on twitter that she was "concerned that lessons haven't be learnt from the Hillsborough disaster" with no evidence whatsoever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Let’s be honest, even the most hardened supporter can’t fail to notice that the even the newest stand at Hillsborough isn’t fit for purpose. Every stand has issues, especially the West and North. 

The away end should have been bulldozed years ago. 

• Like 1

what a load of b.  ive been to many away grounds what are far more compact in concourses etc,, leeds for 1 , qpr , these are far more crowded areas than our away end . we are tainted with 1989 and treated differently to other clubs .  id luv it to be demolished and a new 2 tier stand built , but costs have gone up massively in recent years , it could now cost 25 million to build , where is that money coming from? we probably dont make a million a season from our away end ,so its hardly an investment to make money after so many years . 

9 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Let’s be honest, even the most hardened supporter can’t fail to notice that the even the newest stand at Hillsborough isn’t fit for purpose. Every stand has issues, especially the West and North. 

The away end should have been bulldozed years ago. 

yes it should , lets have a wip round to see if we can raise 25 million . very few clubs outside top flight these days do any major work . there is simply not the money , an with the cost of materials doubling in 2 years its near on impossible now

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed

It's one incident after another now

new stadium ? lets have some costs done . to build a 35-40000 stadium you are looking at a minimum of 250 million , to replace west stand with an 8000 2 tier stand around 25 million . the only people with this kind of money are the saudis 

4 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

yes it should , lets have a wip round to see if we can raise 25 million . very few clubs outside top flight these days do any major work . there is simply not the money , an with the cost of materials doubling in 2 years its near on impossible now

Just because we don’t have the money, doesn’t change the fact that the away end is outdated and not fit for purpose.

Besides, we missed a trick not applying for a government grant to have it replaced 

• Like 1

Look North live at Hillsborough. What a complete f*cking joke. Just spoke to a. Like from the Hillsborough Survivors Support Alliance and I quote

”The Leppings Lane has hardly changed apart from going all seating. Nothings changed the tunnel is exactly the way it was - slightly wider not as much of an incline but it’s still extremely dangerous. I feel that section of the stadium should be pulled down and rebuilt. It’s a disaster waiting to happen”

So apart from it changing to all seater, making the tunnel wider and more level it’s exactly the same 🤣 Load of boll0cks non-story. Makes me puke. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Miffed said:

Just because we don’t have the money, doesn’t change the fact that the away end is outdated and not fit for purpose.

Besides, we missed a trick not applying for a government grant to have it replaced 

agree then it could have been feasible with a grant and building materials reasonable the costs would have been a 3rd even 5 or 10 years ago.  now seriously forget it , money dont grow on trees unless its a saudi tree. 

29 minutes ago, swfcAH said:

What was the actual issue? The facilities, the structure or the stewarding?

It was the fans who couldn’t be bothered to find their seats. There was no crush, there was nothing. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

The thing that still makes my blood boil was all the "celebs" on twitter in the immediate aftermath.

Kelly Cates writing on twitter that she was "concerned that lessons haven't be learnt from the Hillsborough disaster" with no evidence whatsoever.

Yep, and no sign of an apology when it transpired there actually hadn’t been a problem….other than a small minority not being able to find their designated seats (or couldn’t be a*sed to find them)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Look North live at Hillsborough. What a complete f*cking joke. Just spoke to a. Like from the Hillsborough Survivors Support Alliance and I quote

”The Leppings Lane has hardly changed apart from going all seating. Nothings changed the tunnel is exactly the way it was - slightly wider not as much of an incline but it’s still extremely dangerous. I feel that section of the stadium should be pulled down and rebuilt. It’s a disaster waiting to happen”

So apart from it changing to all seater, making the tunnel wider and more level it’s exactly the same 🤣 Load of boll0cks non-story. Makes me puke. 

Of course they showed footage of ambulances on the pitch etc etc 

• Like 1

A mix of ineffective or lazy stewarding in not directing supporters in correct way to their seats coupled with football fans who don’t want to be told what to do or directed in a certain way when they know better!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Let’s be honest, the gangways are too narrow, the tunnel is still problematic, look how it’s had a barrier across the tunnel the last few games with large crowds. We can’t use the full capacity in the upper tier. The triangle has been condemned!!! 

Take the tinted specs off for a second

3 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Let’s be honest, the gangways are too narrow, the tunnel is still problematic, look how it’s had a barrier across the tunnel the last few games with large crowds. We can’t use the full capacity in the upper tier. The triangle has been condemned!!! 

Take the tinted specs off for a second

There was no one in danger at that match 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1