Time to register Jeff Hendrick

As pointed out in the " Star", the chances of bringing in any free agents now, is almost zero, so this strengthens the possibility of Hendrick, Gregory and Pato now being registered, I think it said March 28 is deadline for registrations.

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

It may be controversial but I do believe the time has now come to register Jeff Hendrick.

He has played over 400 league games, has 70 Republic of Ireland international caps yet is only just 32.

Although the injury to BB is hopefully nothing serious it was pretty clear last night that M Diaby is not the answer in midfield.

If we still had George Byers we would have some cover but we do not and the free agent market looks bare.

Eight league games to come between 29th March and the 4th May 2024 so it is time to register Hendrick asap and get him up-to-speed.

Yeah but he's VVank

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1952Owl said:

Absolutely not! A shocking, panic loan by Xisco back in July. Embarrassing re the wages we are paying too. 

Even "shaky", Momo D is better than Hendrick. We have Palmer and maybe Shipston as back up for the midfield.

OR even Iorfa at a push? 

+

though Danny doesn't seem to rate James, he would another option drafting him in at left back. 

nobody knows the wages we are paying . cant see it been more than 10k a week out of his massive wages , he was on loan at reading previous season and didnt exactly do very well there so no way will he have much loan value regards clubs paying a large  part of his wages .. but id still register him as for some stupid reason we are 4 midfielders short than we were 4 months ago . momo diaby 100% wont be here next season he looks a liability . 

1 hour ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

I think Momo will be a decent player to have on against Leeds and all their ponsey players - he can just batter into them and scare them sh**less 

He scared me sh**less last night.

• Like 2

I agree with the OP, we need more options in the engine room. 

Vaulks was absolutely knackered in the last 10 mins after the shift he put in. Especially as he was having to be everywhere after Bazza went off, because Momo didn't get involved much.

• Like 1

Gregory, Smith, Windass, Dawson and Hendrick probably aren't the answer. 

They have all played this season and we lost pretty much every game. Sad but true and of course, it won't all be the fault of them.

3 hours ago, 1952Owl said:

Owls Loyal

You can't quote Hendricks PAST playing career. Here and now he is too slow and I can't see how he adds any value to the Team? Past it trust me.

So what he scored v Leicester! He was absent that night until yes he happened 2b in the right place to equalise late. Don't over rate Hendrick on his past + scoring A goal. 

A sobering thought, Hendricks has scored more goals than Fletcher this season.

• Like 1

Diaby is a strange one. Sometimes does lovely little turns and wraps passes out wide, other times he stumbles over the ball and plays their attackers through on goal. Not sure he’s an upgrade on Byers at all, or anywhere near his level to be honest. 

Diaby given time will prove most wrong on here he’s not up to speed or fully fit and yet he shows more in glimpses than hendrick has done yes he’s got some areas of his game needing work however if he didn’t have rough edges he wouldn’t be at the club at all

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

I agree tbh, Hendrick is a seasoned pro in English football, I saw some Burnley fans saying they would have him back just for the dressing room

Why, does it need painting? 

• Haha 1