Time to register Jeff Hendrick

18 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

I said the same in a different thread.

We’ve got 10 games left of the season. 

What’s the chances of us suddenly finding a free agent that’s fit and ready to go.

I think Hendrick is a better back up than Diaby. 

Fully agree and thought the same yesterday. Was gonna start a thread myself. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LoOn said:

Diaby given time will prove most wrong on here he’s not up to speed or fully fit and yet he shows more in glimpses than hendrick has done yes he’s got some areas of his game needing work however if he didn’t have rough edges he wouldn’t be at the club at all

He won't because he is only on loan. By the time he is up to speed the season will be over. Looked promising on his debut before injury.

15 hours ago, MoorfOwl said:

Does anybody know how far off Calum is?  I imagine after a knee operation, he'll need a long recovery time.  

Yes.  He is training on grass now and it looks like he will be available for selection in either the Swansea or Middlesborough game. 👍

And I would rather see Shipston over Hendrick too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

He won't because he is only on loan. By the time he is up to speed the season will be over. Looked promising on his debut before injury.

We have an option to buy. 

Think he has looked better when we are not playing on the Hillsborough pitch. He seemed to struggle more than anyone with it. Although I think he played OK on Tues, just had two very similar type of central midfielders. So lost tge creative spark.

13 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

We have an option to buy. 

Think he has looked better when we are not playing on the Hillsborough pitch. He seemed to struggle more than anyone with it. Although I think he played OK on Tues, just had two very similar type of central midfielders. So lost tge creative spark.

Would he have shown enough for us to take that option up though? It would more likely be his next team next season that would see him fit and at his best. Unless we take a punt and sign him on the basis that he will be fit and decent next season

19 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Midfield could prove to be a real problem with any injuries. Ridiculous that we didn’t sign another in January.

Yep.

We're very light in the centre of the park, and there's no way Röhl was planning on exiting the transfer window without further reinforcements.

We know he was after Coventry, for starters.

I just hope Bannan and Vaulks can stay fit and available for all of our remaining games...

So we play high intensity football which is based on high work rate. So the suggestion to add a player who has one of lowest work rate figures in top two leagues and has obviously lost pace since he was at his best which was some years ago. The fact Newcaste loaned him to us without us having option to send back. Tells you all you need to know about how they rate him.

Also we can only play 5 loan players. Beadle, Poveda Ugbo, are all starters. Momo is often on the bench. Hence Fletcher and Hendrick one would always miss out given the records of both neither should have been signed and with loan players being signed in window think it was realised neither were good enough for Championship.

Hendrick was shocking when we played him and unfit

It is disgusting he is still at SWFC on loan. 

The fact we signed a player who does not look fit 

Played nothing for his parent club 

Collecting a wage for doing nothing 

Scored the equaliser against Leicester that arguably kicked this charge to 21st or above but didnt know his stats were so low. 

Given the fact Danny isnt scared to use the youngsters there really must be something with Shipston that he doesnt rate 

7 hours ago, andrew1974 said:

Scored the equaliser against Leicester that arguably kicked this charge to 21st or above but didnt know his stats were so low. 

Given the fact Danny isnt scared to use the youngsters there really must be something with Shipston that he doesnt rate 

he isnt good enough same with alex hunt and a few others . very few what are doing quite well in u18 set up go on and have successful careers in football sadly.  if someone has time all the players from u18/u21 since 2015 who maybe got an appearance in senior squad and where they ended up.  i know some ended in in northern premier league etc. 

1 minute ago, Hyde2005 said:

he isnt good enough same with alex hunt and a few others . very few what are doing quite well in u18 set up go on and have successful careers in football sadly.  if someone has time all the players from u18/u21 since 2015 who maybe got an appearance in senior squad and where they ended up.  i know some ended in in northern premier league etc. 

alex hunt who some of our supporters thought could cut it at this level now cant even get off the bench for york who are almost certainly dropping down to national league north again