Time to register Jeff Hendrick

Im pretty sure if anything happens to any of our midfielders he'll be registered. I doubt we'll have any free agents lined up at this stage if the season anyway.

• Like 1

The issue is not whether BB is fit for this Friday's game.

The issue is the 8 games between 29th March and the 4th May 2024.

It would be great if Bannan ad Vaulks can sail through those unscathed but you have to prepare for the worst outcome.

• Like 2

I agree - with the caveat that only Röhl and the coaching staff know how he's actually performing in training. For all we know he might have downed tools.

I do think we might need him before the end of the season, and Röhl has been able to get useful performances out of other players who we'd written off.

• Like 1

No, Jeff Hendrick will not be match fit.

Was his last game in November last year maybe?

That is why I suggest we register him now and give him some sub minutes so if the worst happens to BB or Vaulks in the last 8 games we have a plan B.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Absolutely not! A shocking, panic loan by Xisco back in July. Embarrassing re the wages we are paying too. 

Even "shaky", Momo D is better than Hendrick. We have Palmer and maybe Shipston as back up for the midfield.

OR even Iorfa at a push? 

+

though Danny doesn't seem to rate James, he would another option drafting him in at left back. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I said the same in a different thread.

We’ve got 10 games left of the season. 

What’s the chances of us suddenly finding a free agent that’s fit and ready to go.

I think Hendrick is a better back up than Diaby. 

• Like 1

I have to say I disagree with 1952Owl.

Hendrick has played 400 league games and has 70 international caps which means he may no longer be the quickest but he is street wise.

No one was complaining about Hendrick when he scored the last minute equaliser against the then all-conquering Leaicester City.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have the chance of possible survival and we must do everything we can to help secure that goal.

Being steeet wise in this league is so important.

I do note that DR has given Shipston very little if any opportunity so I will trust his judgement.

• Like 1

I too prefer Byers.

I know it is a tougher league but I just do not understand why he became a lesser player this season. A poor Pre-season following the injury towards the end of last season maybe.

I suspect we may well need to call on Hendrick so why not get him up-to-speed now.

He might just get us another key equaliser.

40 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Midfield could prove to be a real problem with any injuries. Ridiculous that we didn’t sign another in January.

Best window ever though. 

Remember. 

We've taken a real chance with letting Byers go and not having anyone else come in for him. 

Hopefully, it will not bite us on the backside. 

• Like 1

Owls Loyal

You can't quote Hendricks PAST playing career. Here and now he is too slow and I can't see how he adds any value to the Team? Past it trust me.

So what he scored v Leicester! He was absent that night until yes he happened 2b in the right place to equalise late. Don't over rate Hendrick on his past + scoring A goal.