Owls v Bristol City Match Day Thread

I thought it was Saturday when I saw the thread title. 

Don't do that to us old and confused. It's hard enough keeping up with the days without getting thrown a curve ball on OT.

Anyway great MDT . I'll read all of it tomorrow on match day so I get in the mood.

🥴

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s another must win. My daughter’s first game tomorrow. Feel quite cruel taking her to be honest, could be years of Wednesday heartbreak ahead for her. 

You wont regret it mate, just think of all those years ahead when your daughter is taking you as mine does now.

• Love 5

Before the 3-2 game we were trapped in the Rawson Spring by torrential rain.   It abated a bit so made a run for the ground but were still soaked when we got there though we expected it to be postponed.  At half time we wished it had been called off !  At full time we were glad it wasn't.

Brilliant game, lets hope for the same result tomorrow.

Great match day thread.

• Thanks 1

'Ow bist me babber! The 'l' thing made oi larf when I first moved down. Used to crack me up when the mother-in-law would go to Asdal's to do her shopping. Used to have plenty of fun with it, and they'd give it back with an "eyup" or "eh bah gum" (though I don't think I ever heard that when up in Sheff). Stereotypes innit. All good harmless fun though. My all time favourite was "Thee's gott'n where thee casn't back'n hasn't" which translated to "I'm afraid, good sir, that you have gotten yourself into a rather difficult predicament from which you will have great trouble extracating yourself from". Think it came from a Wurzels song.

I'm going 1-0 Wednesday, fancying a bit of Poveda(l)  action.

• Haha 3

That record as OMDT author must be improving now @Holmowl

First goal vital tomorrow me thinks.

We have a striker in form and you know what I think that might make the difference:

2-1 Tugboat and Neymarv. 

Also will be great to have Big Dom back, we need to ease him in as he will be vital for the run in.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, New Zealand Owls said:

That record as OMDT author must be improving now @Holmowl

First goal vital tomorrow me thinks.

We have a striker in form and you know what I think that might make the difference:

2-1 Tugboat and Neymarv. 

Also will be great to have Big Dom back, we need to ease him in as he will be vital for the run in.

Is big Dom back or only on the way back? I know he’s training, but has he had any U21 minutes?

I reckon Owls fans are right behind you Holmowl.  Another excellent MTD and time you made it ‘Official’.  Your timing gives (most of) us time to read, smile, laugh a bit and digest your  content and then enjoy the luxury of going to sleep knowing that all is in place in the football world, where we giddily  dream of another three points!!  Thank you!

• Thanks 1