Owls v Bristol City Match Day Thread

So is the city actually named "Bristo"?

An old work colleague of mine (a Finn like me) played for City for a short period some time in the early 80s or late 70s when they were struggling in the top division (?). I think there was also some Dutch former international there at the same time. The bloke said he liked the city a lot but it was too tough for a foreigner to hold a place in the team when things were rough.

2-1 for the Owls today, steering towards safety.

• Haha 2

I’m not one for conspiracy theories or owt but….has Snooty been ‘offed’ by a Thai hit man or summat? I know he’s prone to disappearing up the Nun’s Chuff for long periods,  but this is longer than any man can hold his breath for! Or has he been wellied over the head with the lead pipe in the library….by…..

Stubbs😳

Well I am currently out of the country, commentating on the Mens Over 60 Cricket World Cup in Chennai, India...yes there is such a thing, and competitive fare it is. England smashed the USA today, and I'm hoping Wednesday do the same at S6.

Safe travels to all attending, and enjoy the game if you can.

😛

KD4

• Like 2

Setting off shortly from just o’er the wrong side of the Pennines. Blazing sunshine in the Dark Peak, ironically. Hope it’s as nice back in the Steel City, looks a lovely day for three points from where I’m sitting.

If I’d been asked at a pub quiz ‘what’s the smallest city with two professional football league clubs?’, I think I might’ve guessed Bristol - but I’ve just checked and it’s bigger than both Nottingham and, more notably, Liverpool - so that’s that notion well and truly kiboshed. In fact, size-wise, seems they’re even bigger underachievers than Sheffield has been for the last few decades.

Let’s make sure we maintain that hierarchy today please lads!

THE WEDNESDAYYYYYYYYY

Edited by Mr. Tom

14 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Setting off shortly from just o’er the wrong side of the Pennines. Blazing sunshine in the Dark Peak, ironically. Hope it’s as nice back in the Steel City, looks a lovely day for three points from where I’m sitting.

If I’d been asked at a pub quiz ‘what’s the smallest city with two professional football league clubs?’, I think I might’ve guessed Bristol - but I’ve just checked and it’s bigger than both Nottingham and, more notably, Liverpool - so that’s that notion well and truly kiboshed. In fact, size-wise, seems they’re even bigger underachievers than Sheffield has been for the last few decades.

Let’s make sure we maintain that hierarchy today please lads!

THE WEDNESDAYYYYYYYYY

It’s lovely here too mate. Perfect day for footy 

• Love 2

Must win today isn't it.

Feels like a defining week really.

Got to be targeting 7 points from these next three fixtures before the marching on together pillocks match.

Just now, SiJ said:

Must win today isn't it.

Feels like a defining week really.

Got to be targeting 7 points from these next three fixtures before the marching on together pillocks match.

weirdly I’ve got a feeling in me waters that we might somehow nick that one

Just now, Mr. Tom said:

weirdly I’ve got a feeling in me waters that we might somehow nick that one

Well, if we can get a good haul beforehand it almost becomes a free hit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andypandy said:

Baz needs to behave today, if he gets booked he will miss Plymouth and Rotherham matches, if he can make it to the next Int break in March, then it will be fine.

no chance IMO, too gobby