Warnock

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

I told our Sharon...

He's retired about six times now.

Think she gets fed up of him after a few weeks and tells him to f*CK off back to work. 

She's on the farm in Cornwall and he's in Aberdeen.

Must be a solid marriage. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that

9 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Love him. 

Sorry. 

A proper character and there aren't too many of them left. 

Mad to think he loves the game that much to be still doing that job at 75. 

Everyone does now, like a loveable old grandad 

From when he got the United job till about 2015 he was a right horrible nasty ****

• Like 1

Bit of an unusual job for him, they're not in real danger of relegation for his usual rescue act and will just be pottering around midtable for the rest of the season. But at his age, it's kind of apt.  

Bet they've got a terrific bunch of lads though. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, BIG D said:

On his way to Aberdeen apparently. Could be fun when they play the Glasgow teams

lol

He might not even get to play against Celtic or Rangers, unless they get them in the cup - they played Celtic on Saturday and play Rangers tomorrow night but then unless they finish in the top six they won't be playing them again.

He always used to go on about he wanted to retire to Cornwall.

Thought he couldn't have picked a place further away when he was at Middlesborough.

Now he is going 250 miles further North.

I like Warnock, loves himself a bit too much but not a bland and uninteresting character (Like Gareth Southgate and Eddie Howe)

13 hours ago, BIG D said:

On his way to Aberdeen apparently. Could be fun when they play the Glasgow teams

lol

I’m going to ibrox to watch Aberdeen tomorrow he will be in the dugout I think he will get sent off with the refereeing standards up here 😂should be fun 🤩 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Bit of an unusual job for him, they're not in real danger of relegation for his usual rescue act and will just be pottering around midtable for the rest of the season. But at his age, it's kind of apt.  

By all accounts there is a good group of lads here and it's my job now to get the best out of them.

Yep. He said it! lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

He always used to go on about he wanted to retire to Cornwall.

Thought he couldn't have picked a place further away when he was at Middlesborough.

Now he is going 250 miles further North.

I like Warnock, loves himself a bit too much but not a bland and uninteresting character (Like Gareth Southgate and Eddie Howe)

Must be the fact he'll get to see and travel to new stadiums. He must be bored stiff of constantly going to the same grounds in England 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Django said:

Everyone does now, like a loveable old grandad 

From when he got the United job till about 2015 he was a right horrible nasty ****

Totally. He has definitely mellowed with age, and he does act up the whole salt of the earth, Yorkshire bloke, old school manager schtick. But he has bags of charisma, he knows how to play his part and you can definitely see why he has been successful. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

“My kind of club. Proper working people, old fashioned ground, the fans on top of you, muck and nettles, are you with me?”.

He has definitely done it just for the novelty of managing in Scotland.