Warnock

7 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Gerrard won a league title up there with Rangers. 

That was more to so with an implosion at Celtic.

Has as been proven since by Gerrard, Beale's and Lennon's careers and the paths of both Rangers and Celtic since.

Generally, anyone who goes up there thinking it'll be easy gets sent home to think again pretty sharpish.

• Love 1

14 hours ago, SiJ said:

I told our Sharon...

He's retired about six times now.

Think she gets fed up of him after a few weeks and tells him to f*CK off and back to work. 

He's retired more times than Sinatra 😀

14 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Love him. 

Sorry. 

A proper character and there aren't too many of them left. 

Mad to think he loves the game that much to be still doing that job at 75. 

His energy levels are amazing.

Look at what WE could have had (or been)

run-away-im-out.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=94ca2

Aberdeen are definitely underperforming and I’m sure he will get more out of the players than Robson did. I think Hearts have 3rd sewn up but the final European spots are up for grabs and they’re still in the cup too. Hearts are even ahead of Celtic in the form table for the last 15 games, and have won 8 and drawn 1 of our last 9 fixtures. 

In Barron, Duk and Miovski Aberdeen have some real talent. Miovski will go for big money in the summer.

It’ll be interesting to see how he does. Warnock has interviewed twice for the Hearts job previously but got turned down by the club twice. Warnock has property in Scotland and has been quite vocal about wanting to manage in Scotland in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Love him. 

Sorry. 

A proper character and there aren't too many of them left. 

Mad to think he loves the game that much to be still doing that job at 75. 

Yeah , he’s a character …. Like Piers Morgan or Joey Barton , they’re characters too or summat beginning with C anyway . 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Would have liked him at S6. Him vs Chansiri would have been a sight to behold.

Tbf he is used to working with crackpot chairmen in Vincent Tan and Flávio Briotori. Might have been just the big personality needed to put DC in his box. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Aberdeen are definitely underperforming and I’m sure he will get more out of the players than Robson did. I think Hearts have 3rd sewn up but the final European spots are up for grabs and they’re still in the cup too. Hearts are even ahead of Celtic in the form table for the last 15 games, and have won 8 and drawn 1 of our last 9 fixtures. 

In Barron, Duk and Miovski Aberdeen have some real talent. Miovski will go for big money in the summer.

It’ll be interesting to see how he does. Warnock has interviewed twice for the Hearts job previously but got turned down by the club twice. Warnock has property in Scotland and has been quite vocal about wanting to manage in Scotland in the past. 

An old footballing pantomime dame. He is a novelty act but somehow turns out results. 

i am not sure he does much nowadays and leaves most of the work to ronnie jepson and co .  I am sure he will do ok there , try and stay on after the end of the season and get the hump when they don’t and hire a gengerpresser instead. 

20 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I saw that. A bit of a shitty comment from Warnock tbh thinking that a manager from another country can’t be any good. He was Lithuanian not Latvian and he led Hearts to a 2nd place league finish and won the cup.

He also took Hearts 90 minutes away from qualifying for the Champions League group stage too. 

Like you I am a fan of the man though. Good manager and proper character 

Edited by edinburghowl

8 hours ago, Owl.1867 said:

That was more to so with an implosion at Celtic.

Has as been proven since by Gerrard, Beale's and Lennon's careers and the paths of both Rangers and Celtic since.

Generally, anyone who goes up there thinking it'll be easy gets sent home to think again pretty sharpish.

Outside of Rangers & Celtic it’s league 1 standard at best.  Anyone off this forum could get one of the ugly sisters in the top 2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I saw that. A bit of a shitty comment from Warnock tbh thinking that a manager from another country can’t be any good. He was Lithuanian not Latvian and he led Hearts to a 2nd place league finish and won the cup.

He also took Hearts 90 minutes away from qualifying for the Champions League group stage too. 

Like you I am a fan of the man though. Good manager and proper character 

Agreed, was a cheap shot, especially when he did a good job as you say. 

1 hour ago, Big Malc said:

Outside of Rangers & Celtic it’s league 1 standard at best.  Anyone off this forum could get one of the ugly sisters in the top 2.

While that league title had more to do with Celtic falling apart, I do think this attitude from many in England needs putting to bed.

A lot of players and managers have gone up with big reputations, or outside of the Old Firm thinking it'll be easy, and been chewed up and spat back down south.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Owl.1867 said:

While that league title had more to do with Celtic falling apart, I do think this attitude from many in England needs putting to bed.

A lot of players and managers have gone up with big reputations, or outside of the Old Firm thinking it'll be easy, and been chewed up and spat back down south.

David Weir was 41 and winning the league with Rangers in 2011

He left and considered playing for Dem Blavdes in League 1 but decided it was a bridge too far so joined the coaching staff.

Not only this, but you just have to watch SPL games to see that the standard is absolutely dreadful.

Theres the odd few that join from abroad and make a good career in England, but generally it’s English league players who can’t cut it at Championship level or above picking up medal after medal.  It’s an awful standard.

The Old Firm is bottom 5 Prem at its most optimistic best.  The rest is League 1.

• Haha 1