Danny no better than xisco

Who will sign for us in January knowing we are down. It will come down to how much we offer players. Gassama and Bailey need to start playing and we might have to look at more youth players- will this destroy them or give them experience?

Lets hope we can  get rid of Fletcher, Henricks, Buckley, Bakinson, Marvin & Gregory

Hope Momo will come good

We need to give a manager time and we have, on paper at least, a very capable coaching team. We now lack the most important of ingredients and that's capable players. They are just not capable of delivering and for me, lack the fitness levels required to compete at this level. We are a busted flush at 45 to 60 minutes and no rhetoric from the manager can paper over the obvious. 

I was disappointed that DR did not call them out for the huge difference in energy between the first half and second half. It's been happening all season and we are not blind. Call it as it is and no more excuses for the players.

• Like 1

That's true, first thing is make us hard to beat, would be ugly but less defeats breeds confidence, danny is inexperienced, warnock was the man to save this season then a fresh start next season with the likes of danny as new head coach and warnock director of football and his mentor. 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Wtf has Pulis got to do with anything?

How do you know that Röhl is not an ever decreasing circle? Why should a total novice manager be assumed to be the man for the long haul? It is much more likely that as with the previous manager that this  interlude will go down as a “WTF was that all about?” moment.

How do you know DR is not up to the job ? 

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

When your house is burning down you phone the fire brigade (Warnock)

You don’t call Kevin McCallister.

I feel for him but he’s out of his depth and hasn’t got any experience or know-how.

SWFC requires a big personality not a gap year student who plays football manager on his laptop.

5 hours ago, Luke said:

Not his players bla bla

Same rubbish playing around the back causing unnecessary pressure 

No striker upfront, windass never will be one 

Playing a cb at wingback 

Playing wilks and not dropping a out of form goalkeeper 

Xisco would have got crucified for this

Sorry but not good enough 

Absolutely BULL SH!T

You must be nuts.

Unlucky today.

16 shots at goal today, 50% possession.

Under Xisco, 1-2 shots and 30% possession. 

Same players.

• Like 2

Why does DR hold such high praise for some people without doing anything? 

Not necessarily saying OP is right in all they're saying here but the outrage like DR is the Messiah and cannot receive criticism is very odd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SHUowl said:

Not necessarily saying OP is right in all they're saying here but the outrage like DR is the Messiah and cannot receive criticism is very odd.

I think some people are willing to give him a fair chance 

Not just 6 games 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SHUowl said:

I don't think anyone thinks he's the Messiah, he's just the last little bit of hope that people are clinging to. There's literally nothing else, everyone knows about the owner, and anyone with at least one brain cell knows this squad isn't good enough. 

We're going down with or without Röhl, it'll make absolutely no difference whatsoever who the manager is. At least with this guy there's a chance he'll be in charge next season if he earns the opportunity. 

10 minutes ago, SHUowl said:

Have you seen the total s.h.i.t he's inherited....blaim uncle nobhead and xisco for this.

• Like 3

Results aside in a result driven industry, Röhl is a breath of fresh air. Under Disco Dîckhead we had little possession, created few chances, we were the mouse. At least Danny has got us trying to win. It hasn't happened as we would have liked but bloody hell, it's better than the tame, you are better than us approach. 

Which manager would keep us up? 

• Like 1

In life people love a narrative. We built a story on here that Röhl was a footballing genius (he may or may not be so) and people will stick with it come what may; Derby fans were very similar with Lampard and Rooney.

I’m totally backing Röhl, we have to get behind him this season and hope he can fix us up. I fear he may have inherited an impossible job that will tell us little about his potential.

In the long-term, time will tell if he’s a great manager or not, either with us or elsewhere.

5320A100-4E0F-4A96-B71C-0FC52709D049.jpeg

6 hours ago, Luke said:

Not his players bla bla

Same rubbish playing around the back causing unnecessary pressure 

No striker upfront, windass never will be one 

Playing a cb at wingback 

Playing wilks and not dropping a out of form goalkeeper 

Xisco would have got crucified for this

Sorry but not good enough 

Get a grip of thee fk ing sen lad.

• Like 3

I despair sometimes reading things like this OP.

Every single Wednesday fan must know that as a football club we are a complete unadulterated mess.

We get a young positive, likeable bloke at the start of his career, who has also attracted a better set of coaches than we've had for some time. Finally something good has happened despite the chaos with all other elements of the club, we give him 6 or 7 games and decide its all his fault.

He needs a couple of seasons to completely rebuild and experts on here think they have already seen enough to say he's hopeless.

Sometimes I think some of our fans deserve all the poo that comes with being a Wednesday fan under DC.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

People murdered Xisco because they didn't like him.

Röhl is getting a red carpet of time and opportunity. 

That's just a fact. 

That is very far from a fact. I never heard anyone say they personally disliked Xisco.

Röhl red carpet? Not signed a single player mate. 

Totally ridiculous, stupid comment 

It really doesn’t take long for some on here to start writing people off does it.

Tell you what let’s sign our managers & coaches up on zero hours contracts to save all the grief. We can pay them for as long (or short) a time as they are in favour with our least patient supporters then sack them off at the first sign that success isn’t instant - safe in the knowledge there’ll be no comeback or compensation to pay as we never guaranteed them work in the first place.

If nothing else we can then have a regular thread every couple of months on Owlstalk questioning the latest incumbent’s capability.

41 minutes ago, dfoster said:

That is very far from a fact. I never heard anyone say they personally disliked Xisco.

Röhl red carpet? Not signed a single player mate. 

Totally ridiculous, stupid comment 

All the comment is saying is that Xisco got hated from the start whereas Röhl isn't.