Danny no better than xisco

1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

Well, looks like Luke is having the last laugh tonight.

Why because one result against 2nd in the league means Xisco is better than Röhl? Look what he has achieved in his time here ffs! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

Well, looks like Luke is having the last laugh tonight.

Eh?

Under Muñoz, we were on track for nine points all season.

Röhl has overseen a 575% increase in our points per game since then.

You don't actually think today's result means that the OP was right to say that Röhl is no better than Muñoz, do you?

• Like 4

Over his entire time here Röhl has earnt

praise from players pundits and fans.

If the season started when he took over, we’d be in 18th I believe.

Xisco had us bottom. A laughing stock.

Wed be on less than Rotherham if he was still here.

Röhl will leave us at the end of the season and get a decent offer in the champ, or abroad, then be in the prem before we ever will

15 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Eh?

Under Muñoz, we were on track for nine points all season.

Röhl has overseen a 575% increase in our points per game since then.

You don't actually think today's result means that the OP was right to say that Röhl is no better than Muñoz, do you?

Yeah, Röhl is obviously better. But if we played like yesterday every week we wouldn't pick up nine points in the next decade. 

Yeah, Röhl is obviously better. But if we played like yesterday every week we wouldn't pick up nine points in the next decade. 

Thankfully, we don't. 

As you say, he's obviously better.

What was your point, then?

🤷‍♂️

What a weird thread . 

Röhl is streets ahead of Munoz , point tally’s are so different it’s untrue and so are performances. Now under Munoz we didn’t get many pastings BUT we didn’t get many points fgs! Tragic negative football where we didn’t even get into oppositions halves most the time . 

Röhl has inherited quite a poor squad , we have little quality and a very unbalanced squad . I am sure if he had a full season and got some players in he wanted he could have us in the top half . 

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Thankfully, we don't. 

As you say, he's obviously better.

What was your point, then?

🤷‍♂️

My point was Luke might find it quite funny that someone resurrected this thread to make him look stupid and then the players and Röhl then go out and play like the Keystone Cops.

Just now, Emerson Thome said:

My point was Luke might find it quite funny that someone resurrected this thread to make him look stupid and then the players and Röhl then go out and play like the Keystone Cops.

But you agree that his OP was stupid, though.

🤷‍♂️

19 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

But you agree that his OP was stupid, though.

🤷‍♂️

Absolutely, it was stupid, but not quite as stupid as us choosing to bump this thread just before that performance.

Absolutely, it was stupid, but not quite as stupid as us choosing to bump this thread just before that performance.

How can it be stupid?

Unless the person who bumped the thread knew we were going to lose 6-0 yesterday.

I think you are all reading too much into this.

Was just a little ironic everyone on this thread piling in, and then we produce our worst performance in 10 years.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day and looks like yesterday was one of those moments.

Bumping this thread is stupid.

It was a stupid thread and should be consigned to the OT dustbin.

By people bumping it every now and then, it gives the OP an excuse to say I told you so. Given his track record on here, I'm sure he's licking his licks at the prospect of bumping this thread if we are relegated.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Bumping this thread is stupid.

It was a stupid thread and should be consigned to the OT dustbin.

By people bumping it every now and then, it gives the OP an excuse to say I told you so. Given his track record on here, I'm sure he's licking his licks at the prospect of bumping this thread if we are relegated.

It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to how stupid the OP was.

Röhl could lose every game from now until the end of the season after next and he'd still have a better points per game average than Muñoz. And no, I've not made that up!

That's how crap he was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/03/2024 at 16:23, victorturner said:

Very good points. DC behind our difficult season and DR has got us where we could only dream of being. It’s a tremendous achievement. 

However the current account of DR’s views in The Star worry me. With a squad not quite good enough, for which we blame DC quite rightly, DR gives us more of his unrealistic side whereby he wants the players to be braver than vs Leeds, get on the front foot and,  facing another top team,  to attack them. No defending in depth, no fighting for a point, just going for it against the top teams ( as we did unsuccessfully against Norwich, Soton and Leicester in the first half).

He overlooks that he has a weak under strength defensive midfield esp minus two players who were allowed to leave and,  although  we are now level with other strugglers, he seems to want to gamble from a fragile delicately poised position.
When you cannot or will not defend, ironically  I do not think you can score because you are too busy running back to chase the ball, get it back and fill the gaps being exploited. 

Not sure why two people thought that was funny. We drew away to l**ds and went to a back five last time we tried our silly wide open style against a top 3 side, which instantly made us look more solid, when we were looking pathetic with a back 4. Our defending is poor because defenders like Iorfa, Palmer, Bernard, Famewu, James and Johnson are all brain dead when it comes to defending. None of them have footballing brqins when it comes to defending, all get caught out of position and none of them seem to know how to head a ball anywhere near as well as Ihekwe, who despite his lack of pace, always reads the game well and does what he can to mop all the mess around him. 

We jay have got beaten by l**ds and Ipswich if we had played 5 at the back, but we were definitely going to get beaten in both games, playing the team we did and with 5 at the back. Our options are so poor all over the pitch that it takes 2 wingers to get half as many chances for our striker as one good one fould make and 3 of our shoddy defenders to again, do the job of one decent defender. Half the time the Dylons get in each other's way! 

Having said all that, when everybody is fully fit, they can be a match for most of the teams in the division, so hopefully, with the games left we can win enough points to keep ourselves up.