Danny no better than xisco

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Like I always say, a lot of posters on here have very short memories 

PLENTY of times in league 1 we were the second best team, however we won through a set piece or through being dogged, or the fact the opposition couldn’t hit a barn door 

We shouldn’t have even gone up as I still feel Plymouth, Ipswich & Barnsley were all better teams than us 

This should come as no shock. What’s f**ked us is our summer business 

Nah that’s rubbish , there weren’t many times we got outplayed in league one . Find me games whereby teams had more shots / possession than us . There won’t be many 

Just now, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Nah that’s rubbish , there weren’t many times we got outplayed in league one . Find me games whereby teams had more shots / possession than us . There won’t be many 

Stats are misleading. How many games did you walk away and say “yeah we smashed them today”? I honestly can’t remember one 

Barnsley easily beat us home and away. Oxford away, Forest Green away. I remember going to Accrington and although we won we were vile. Exeter away, Oxford at home in the 0-0. Bolton away, Cheltenham away, Lincoln at home in a 0-0. All shocking and that’s just off memory 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tom said:

Zzzz

If you think there’s no difference between him and Xisco, I’d recommend you go and see the doctor.

The issue is a crap team - we don’t have a team good enough for this league. Every player we brought in was either:

1) random player from a poor team in another country

2) players out of favour at their own club.

Xisco was hands-down the worst manager we’ve ever had at this club and unfortunately we’re paying the price for that with our current team.

Hard to blame Röhl - at least we play with intensity and look sharper when going forward (no end product).

DR is flitting around with different players=View can be taken he is'like Xisco'..and it would be fair comment,if it was your opinion(cos he is doing that isnt he?)

Others think he is giving different players a chance=fair comment again for the same reason....

My view I think those who watched the Millwall game but came away afterward saying 'no way was that a four nil'.....

Eh?...

I agree with your points (1) & (2) but DR is responsible for team selection,tactics,subs,and game management....and he isnt currently getting it right in my view..Why?

(1) aging ,sometimes injury prone players not good enough to high press for 90 minutes.

(2) 1 up front not good enough no one capable without Smith & playing wingers/wing backs overlapping

(3) playing it out not working

39 minutes ago, Alwaysletyoudown said:

No need to insult fellow Wednesday fans....it has to stop on here....things are bad enough... with out is piling on each other x

Don’t be so touchy, no point pretending we’re one big happy family.  No harm in people venting a little (providing it’s not completely over the top).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Stats are misleading. How many games did you walk away and say “yeah we smashed them today”? I honestly can’t remember one 

Barnsley easily beat us home and away. Oxford away, Forest Green away. I remember going to Accrington and although we won we were vile. Exeter away, Oxford at home in the 0-0. Bolton away, Cheltenham away, Lincoln at home in a 0-0. All shocking and that’s just off memory 

that’s completely different to what ur original point was , often we were solid and had enough to win games . Never did the other side dominate . Barnsley away no way did they beat us easily , we were the better side. Agree at home . 

Over a 46 game season u will always have a few bad games , playing badly and winning is what happens sometimes  . I am sure Ipswich and Plymouth won ugly various times 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Absolutely moronic thread 

Anyone with working eyes can see we’re more organised, play more progressively, press more

That is evident & undeniable 

We just have no attacking quality 

Why post than? if the threads of no interest,just jog on,or start one of your own....(not being funny,its what i do..)without people starting threads theres no debate or discussion,and ergo NO forum...

3 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

that’s completely different to what ur original point was , often we were solid and had enough to win games . Never did the other side dominate . Barnsley away no way did they beat us easily , we were the better side. Agree at home . 

Over a 46 game season u will always have a few bad games , playing badly and winning is what happens sometimes  . I am sure Ipswich and Plymouth won ugly various times 

My original point was how we didn’t dominate games, we didn’t. And a lot of the teams in league 1 did played better football than us. Walking out of Wembley I even said to my dad without good signings we’d get battered in the championship 

Plymouth & Ipswich played attractive football and have carried that into the championship with relative ease. Yes made a few signings each but the core remains. 

To say DR is no better than XM is nowhere near true. 
Since he took charge We have improved in almost every metric, apart from, sadly, the one that truely matters - wins. 
The overriding issue we have now is the players. Some lack the required quality. Some lack the required confidence and bravery. Some lack both. We press, we create chances, we miss, we concede, we crumble. Rinse and repeat. 
But! I do genuinely believe that today a true ball winning, driving midfielder (maybe Momo) in for Vaulks, a true creative midfielder in for Byers and a true finisher in for Windass and we would have won 3-0. 
Those 3 key additions would instantly lift the whole squad.

Easy to say, easy to see, near on impossible to implement.

4 minutes ago, parajack said:

Why post than? if the threads of no interest,just jog on,or start one of your own....(not being funny,its what i do..)without people starting threads theres no debate or discussion,and ergo NO forum...

Are you serious. That’s the point of starting a thread, to encourage debate. Or we could have all the replies saying “I agree mate” and leave it at that 

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Results wise, we're not doing a great deal better under Röhl, but performances have been a lot better, for the most part.

We're actually competing with teams and trying to create enough chances to win games.

Unfortunately, the quality which was required over the summer didn't materialise, and the confidence which remained among the squad was knocked out of them by ten games of defeatist, defensive football under Muñoz.

I'm encouraged by a lot of what I've seen under Röhl, but he's got no hope with this squad, has he?

that's how I see it. My main concern at the moment is why he selects Dawson when I think Vasquez is superior, and the selection of Famewo over James/Marvin concerns me but 1) I might be wrong 2) those replacements aren't that good anyway 3) he's still only been here a short time so difficult for him to assess. 

I'm still quite hopeful Chansiri has made a good selection and I'm starting to look at this season more as a set up for next year in league one, hoping he brings Cadamateri, Musaba and Gassama through for a good attack in league one. I just think that record points low is a bit of a monkey on the back though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Are you serious. That’s the point of starting a thread, to encourage debate. Or we could have all the replies saying “I agree mate” and leave it at that 

Thought your post made some good points of your own,but i was refering toyur initial comment ' Absolutely moronic thread '

I should have made it clearer,apoligies

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

We beat Bolton comfortably 2-0.

Barnsley were luck to beat us at Oakwell.

You're not going to play sparkling football every week during a promotion season. It's about getting over the line.

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

that's how I see it. My main concern at the moment is why he selects Dawson when I think Vasquez is superior, and the selection of Famewo over James/Marvin concerns me but 1) I might be wrong 2) those replacements aren't that good anyway 3) he's still only been here a short time so difficult for him to assess. 

I'm still quite hopeful Chansiri has made a good selection and I'm starting to look at this season more as a set up for next year in league one, hoping he brings Cadamateri, Musaba and Gassama through for a good attack in league one. I just think that record points low is a bit of a monkey on the back though. 

Good points mate,but i just have a feeling DR wont be around very long....Either a post back with the German Nation Team,or someone else fancying him..maybe as no2 in the Championship with a view to taking over

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, tom said:

Of course - Chansiri‘s behaviour is nothing short of appalling.

But this thread is about what’s taking place on the pitch - the back-end of the club is for a different thread.

LOL you make your posts mate,and i will make mine...Mods job to edit or move posts,and i dont see any movement

• Like 2