Well done Wrexham

I have a lot of time for Wrexham, my dad has lived nearby for 30 odd years so I have been down there a ton of times. They have had some proper incompetent owners in the past few years. I understand the cynical folk moaning away, but I am proper happy for them. Had a few messages from old friends tonight. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bradowl said:

Yes well done to them but BBC News at 9 o'clock and headlines are all about Wrexham being promoted to football league.

Why?? 🙄

15 years in non-league then eventually get out by vastly outspending everybody else and players like Mullin pretending they didn't go there for the money, is national news and some sort of magical fairy story, apparently.

Would it be on the news if local businessmen Bill and Fred Jones had put the same amount of money in and got the same results as Deadpool and that other actor that hardly anybody over here had heard of until he came to Wrexham? There's your answer. 

• Like 4

Unfortunately- for other sides in the lower tiers - Ryan Reynolds is really quite extremely wealthy due to various, successful,  business concerns on top of his Hollywood wages. Wouldnt surprise me to see them in the Premier League in the next 5 - 10 years if Reynolds et al. are really committed. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DVDA said:

Unfortunately- for other sides in the lower tiers - Ryan Reynolds is really quite extremely wealthy due to various, successful,  business concerns on top of his Hollywood wages. Wouldnt surprise me to see them in the Premier League in the next 5 - 10 years if Reynolds et al. are really committed. 

Probably be another of those fairytales that FFP rules don't seem to get applied to. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, alanharper said:

15 years in non-league then eventually get out by vastly outspending everybody else and players like Mullin pretending they didn't go there for the money, is national news and some sort of magical fairy story, apparently.

Would it be on the news if local businessmen Bill and Fred Jones had put the same amount of money in and got the same results as Deadpool and that other actor that hardly anybody over here had heard of until he came to Wrexham? There's your answer. 

Correct...

It’s great to see two Americans take such an interest in our game, especially celebrities who have got a million and one other duties to attend to, but the passion and commitment is clear to see 

But in terms of them winning the league, they basically bought the bloody thing lol hardly a huge achievement when you can throw £1.2m on transfers in the national league 

• Like 1

The Disney documentary is very cheesy, and it annoys me to see useless divs like Shaun Harvey, who did bugger all as head of the EFL, in the limelight. 

Their business model is basically to leverage the huge fame of their owners for revenue. 

Personally I would like to see them struggle next season, but it wouldn't shock me to see them competing near the top again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s great to see two Americans take such an interest in our game, especially celebrities who have got a million and one other duties to attend to, but the passion and commitment is clear to see 

But in terms of them winning the league, they basically bought the bloody thing lol hardly a huge achievement when you can throw £1.2m on transfers in the national league 

This lol 

it’s nuts 

on a plus side, it’s gonna be fun watching them traverse the EFL

they may romp league 2 but after that it will get tougher to compete so easily.

They could throw a right load of money to not get too far… like so many others 

I have heard tell of wealthy individuals who know very little or nothing about football buying clubs as playthings, spending far more money than Wrexham have, and ending up with said clubs in piles of debt a division lower than they started, with absolutely nothing to show for it.  So I wouldn't criticise these two too much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4